Buncefield explosion

There has been an explosion this morning at 0600 at the Buncefield fuel depot by jct8 on the M1, just hope that there are no casualties.

Uncofirmed reports that there are 8 dead :open_mouth: :cry:

sky.com/skynews/article/0,3 … 11,00.html

simon

I heard it and it caused my house to shake and woke everybody up. I live just of junction 10 of the M1 close to Luton Airport, and at first I thought it was something at the airport, that’s how strong and loud it felt even this far, what must be getting on for 10 miles, from Buncefield.

I like a good bang on a Sunday morning but not the sort that makes you think the house is falling down!

I live about 12 miles west and the noise was astonishing.

Cynical hat on.

FUEL PRICES TO GO UP :question:

Dratsabasti:
Cynical hat on.

Buncefield is an aviation fuel depot, both avtur and avgas so I wouldn’t expect road fuel prices to be affected.

Mind you, you might experience a shortage of Gillette shaving products who’s National distribution centre is (was) next door!

SimonRS2K:
Uncofirmed reports that there are 8 dead :open_mouth: :cry:

sky.com/skynews/article/0,3 … 11,00.html

simon

These type of news reports really annoy me, :imp: the news on the radio was the same.

Basically they are like this:

“Big explosion at fuel depot, we don’t know any real facts but it’s a quiet Sunday morning news wise, so we’ll fill up our bulitin with hearsay and gossip, interview people who also have no idea what going on, and maybe get some so called experts in to talk ***** about what might or might not have happened, because they don’t know either.”

Just tell us the facts.

Fuel depot explosion in Hemel Hemstead, Lot of damage to the surronding area, no confirmation of casualties, M1 closed, local people told to stay indoors. More information as we get it.

Won’t fill a 24 hour news channel, but guessing isn’t news.

Dratsabasti:
Cynical hat on.

They have already announced on the various news channels that it won’t effect prices and that it also won’t lead to shortages. That hasn’t stopped the terminally bewildered from panic buying fuel of course, and thereby creating a temporary shortage as a garage runs out and has to wait for an extra delivery. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Shell station just up the road from me has a queue out onto the road at the moment. :unamused: :unamused:

Coffeeholic:

Dratsabasti:
Cynical hat on.

They have already announced on the various news channels that it won’t effect prices and that it also won’t lead to shortages. That hasn’t stopped the terminally bewildered from panic buying fuel of course, and thereby creating a temporary shortage as a garage runs out and has to wait for an extra delivery. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Shell station just up the road from me has a queue out onto the road at the moment. :unamused: :unamused:

So therefore it will lead to shortages, because some will see a fuel station out of fuel and fill-up at the next one, even though they have enough fuel in thier tanks to last a week, that station will then run out and we end up with a domino affect.

Yep, but only becuase of the terminally stupid, nothing directly to do with Buncefield, and it will only be until the garage gets an extra delivery in.

en.wikinews.org/wiki/Major_Explo … _Oil_Depot

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Just watching ITV news as I type, they are showing pictures of idiots panic buying fuel and queing for ages, they want stuffing.

Right so who heard the bang?

Hear in Folkestone, Kent. I heard it, but just dismissed it as thunder so didnt think anymore of it. :open_mouth:

I didnt hear it …Which is probably a good thing as i live just outside Swansea :open_mouth:

My thoughts go out to all directly involved and their families

And well done those boys and girls with the blue flashy lights…Respect…

the news says some geeza in holland heard it :open_mouth:

never heard a thing here in crawley.

ohterry:
the news says some geeza in holland heard it :open_mouth:

never heard a thing here in crawley.

You sure it wasn’t Holland Park? :laughing:
I never heard anything here in Somerset, d’you reckon I could claim for those loose roof tiles though? :wink:

On the news today I heard the STUPIDEST line ever spoken by a human being:

“We now know that there were combustible materials being stored at the fuel depot.”

Is that so?!!

Dapper Scavenger:
On the news today I heard the STUPIDEST line ever spoken by a human being:

“We now know that there were combustible materials being stored at the fuel depot.”

Is that so?!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Are you running out today Neil ■■? And does this effect you with the M1 closures and the A whatever it is??

I’ve Weybridge for tomorrow morning and was going to set off at 4.30am, but now due to the M1 being closed I think that it would be best to go tonight as all the alternative routes will be gridlocked :unamused: