bulker over

Well the unofficial story going round is that the load was part frozen in the tipper, and as he ramped it up to try and shift it it either became unstable or the connection between the ram and tipper body sheared and down it went

not sure if the units ok but the tipper is a write off

I had many years and frights on tippers tipping scrap. I would say that it was poor loading from a overhead shute. The worst thing I found to tip was tree bark, use to find that a ton right at the front of the tipper would stick there.

Grayham:
Well the unofficial story going round is that the load was part frozen in the tipper, and as he ramped it up to try and shift it it either became unstable or the connection between the ram and tipper body sheared and down it went

not sure if the units ok but the tipper is a write off

i’v had washed stone freeze inside my box and it aint nice, thats when you know you gunna be shoveling (if there aint a digger) for a while

d4c24a:
talking to one of the machine operators on friday and the digger is wrote off
the bulker driver was out of the cab while tipping ,talking to another driver ,one of the other operators saw the trailer start to go and was shouting ,but it was too late
cheers graham

Kinda says it all really…I’m a tipper driver myself and as far as I was aware your supposed to remain in the cab while tipping.

As you feel what the tipper body’s doing when it goes up he’d have had prior warning and maybe could have avoided it…but if your not in the drivers seat at the time… :unamused:

Right I have a question for the tipper drivers from UK
do you not have the exhaust system heating arrangement
this is used by many of the firms over here in Germany,

brit pete:

no ,i use an 8 wheel grab on occastions on utility work (water) we carry temp tarmac at the front of the body ,which goes rock hard in the winter ,i have suggested this ,but only got strange looks :laughing:

brit pete:

We have nothing like that here. We love our lumps see?

hammer:

brit pete:

We have nothing like that here. We love our lumps see?

nothing like shoveling 10 ton of stone first thing in the morning lol not lol

I took a load of sand a fortnight ago, that frightened me, the front 7-8 tonne was frozen bloody solid in the body, luckily I could sense something wasn`t right so dropped the body ■■■■ sharpish.

its that sooo fine line

a, being a girl ( dropping body and shovelling )
b, being a hero (all tipped job done )
c, dithering between a and b and ending up needing new mirrors

or d as was afew years ago truck was unable to shove last ram up to loosen load ,so throw it up 3 rams then shunt about to loosen load :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

d4c24a:
talking to one of the machine operators on friday and the digger is wrote off
the bulker driver was out of the cab while tipping ,talking to another driver ,one of the other operators saw the trailer start to go and was shouting ,but it was too late
cheers graham

do they want to sell it?
and was the driver wearing his hi-vis?