Tipper crash...

Just been watching TV about the Bath tipper crash a couple of years back.

The haulage company boss and the fitter took the brunt of the blame for the state of the truck…but what about the driver? Surely it’s his call whether or not to drive the truck? If it’s dangerous, then you don’t take it out of the yard…end of story. Or have I missed something?

He was cleared of all charges. Something like he’d just passed his test, it was his first job (and first day), was told to ignore the warning lights , ala “it’s just a sensor”, and was following behind the boss.

Dear, oh dear…did he have relations on the board? He best consider himself a very lucky boy…very lucky indeed.

I was always told that the final decision is down to the driver whether the truck goes out or not. Even if the problem is just a failed light bulb, it either gets mended, or the truck stays where it is. My licence…my points…my job.

Imho unless the driver had removed the wheels and drums and visually checked all braking components he would not have known how bad they were but I dont think that’s part of his ‘walk round visual checks’ and more like the job of the fitter, also his tacho had seen he had previously braked sucessfully on one or more occasion that fateful day.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=143410

Richard J:
Or have I missed something?

You’ve missed pages and pages of stuff including the trail picked to pieces with minute detail by various members.

But just one question, before you take a truck you don’t know out of the yard do you crawl under it, check the mechanism and check the linings, run it over a set of rollers to check the efficiency?

7 years the owner got… absolutely atrocious. He has cost the life of four innocent human beings through his carelessness. Take a life should serve life.

As long as he done his daily checks you can’t charge him, he wasn’t a mechanic so unless the truck drove like a bag of ■■■■ how was he supposed to know it was ■■■■■■.

Richard J:
Dear, oh dear…did he have relations on the board? He best consider himself a very lucky boy…very lucky indeed.

I was always told that the final decision is down to the driver whether the truck goes out or not. Even if the problem is just a failed light bulb, it either gets mended, or the truck stays where it is. My licence…my points…my job.

Very lucky? The lad will have to live with the fact that he killed four people, and seriously injured another. Wether he’s responsible or not, makes no difference to that. Read the linked thread, then come back, and see if you still think he’s ‘lucky’…

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-38774080

THESE TWO SHOULD BE SENT DOWN FOR 20 YEARS EACH. I have never seen a case as bad as this where these two knew that the truck was a killing machine. I’m sick of reading about road deaths with the courts dealing out poor sentences. Seven years and five years is nothing for these lost lives and the hurt for the families concerned. I hope that KARMA takes a part in the outcome. I’m actually shaking with rage as I’m typing this.

When is this country going to deal with road deaths through negligence in a proper way and raise the sentences to just below the life term.

I didn’t know any of the victims but i know if it were one of mine I would wait till they came out and do something to them both with a weapon of some sort.

OK guys…sorry for my remarks. I’m gone…

daf1691:
Bath tipper truck crash: Matthew Gordon and Peter Wood jailed - BBC News

THESE TWO SHOULD BE SENT DOWN FOR 20 YEARS EACH. I have never seen a case as bad as this where these two knew that the truck was a killing machine. I’m sick of reading about road deaths with the courts dealing out poor sentences. Seven years and five years is nothing for these lost lives and the hurt for the families concerned. I hope that KARMA takes a part in the outcome. I’m actually shaking with rage as I’m typing this.

When is this country going to deal with road deaths through negligence in a proper way and raise the sentences to just below the life term.

I didn’t know any of the victims but i know if it were one of mine I would wait till they came out and do something to them both with a weapon of some sort.

^^^^^^^^ +1

Be out in 3.5 years. Disgusting sentencing.

Coxer:

daf1691:

Quite agree.
These two ■■■■■■■■ both knew the potential risks.
I still cant understand the Boss driving down the hill in front of the wagon in question, knowing its neglected mechanical condition.
Ben+1

daf1691:

Richard J:
OK guys…sorry for my remarks. I’m gone…

We can do without that sort of attitude on here, matey. Never admit you may, just possibly, be wrong. Never admit to knowing less than everything. Never say sorry! Serious danger of this becoming a civilised forum if you start all of that.

ajt:
Be out in 3.5 years. Disgusting sentencing.

And so disrespectful to the deceased and their close ones.

This sentence should be examined and rectified. Hope it gets referred.

The sentence is too short for what happened, maybe the families can start a private law case and sue them both .
Apparently a bus driver and some of the emergency services staff have post stress dissorder and mental health issues due to seeing the carnage .