Cracked/Split chassis?.....Suggestions?

From twitter

i would not want to be the one who signed those PMI sheets

At least he knows his cab locks are working

[emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Seen this happen before ,normally happens with underfloor tipper trailers when an inexperienced driver overloads then try’s to tip some off .

Know a few farmers who’d try putting that back together with a bit of baler twine.

Think of the tyre saving though…

Proof that artic tippers are an unpredictable force x distance time bomb. Varying from self destruct to falling over or a combination of both.If you want more than an 8 wheeler load then go for a drawbar outfit. :bulb:

I know a good welder :open_mouth:

I think, people need to worry about there own truck rather than sat on the A34 watching a van cut in at the last moment.

Cab looks a mess: hope the driver didn’t get bashed about too bad.
One for the H&S moaners: this is why we must wear crash hats even when our cabs!
[emoji3]

Moving at the time? and how was that ever going to clear the overhead?

cav551:
Moving at the time? and how was that ever going to clear the overhead?

No, I think he was tipping where he was, and either part of the load got stuck up the headboard end, or the chassis was already weakened.

I guess that if part of the load was stuck, he may have tried the ‘move a little, slam on the brakes’ method. It used to work when trying to close a tail lift… :grimacing:

Looks like a folding tipper that pulls the unit back looking at the pic.May have moved came to a stop but the weight brung it forward and down it came.

I’m thinking maybe a non UK truck ■■■ those are theee only ones I usually see with very long fuel tanks? Would perhaps explain a lack of maintenance?

One thing thats baffling me, and this probably screams relative newbie, is why its only got one back axle. Surely a tipper would be very close to 44T and this need twins?

One thing that will come from this is tipper drivers now have to sit on a tiny hut while waiting for the load to be tipped with this pic on the wall telling them its for their safety.

trevHCS:
I’m thinking maybe a non UK truck ■■■ those are theee only ones I usually see with very long fuel tanks? Would perhaps explain a lack of maintenance?

One thing thats baffling me, and this probably screams relative newbie, is why its only got one back axle. Surely a tipper would be very close to 44T and this need twins?

Difficult to be sure as the image is a bit fuzzy when zoomed in, but there doesn’t appear to be a kerb mirror visible on the cab, so probably LHD and as a result likely not in UK.

I could well be wrong in my guess here, but aren’t permissible axle weights slightly different in Euro land…?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

trevHCS:

Difficult to be sure as the image is a bit fuzzy when zoomed in, but there doesn’t appear to be a kerb mirror visible on the cab, so probably LHD and as a result likely not in UK.

I could well be wrong in my guess here, but aren’t permissible axle weights slightly different in Euro land…?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

In France, for National work I believe its 44t on 5 axles, 45t on 6 axles. (except round timber which is 57t on 6 axles, but very specific regs apply for that)
For EU international work it`s 40t gross. I know some companies running UK to Fr run at 44t, but…
Holland national rules are higher still I believe? 50t?

Colin_scottish:
Looks like a folding tipper that pulls the unit back looking at the pic.May have moved came to a stop but the weight brung it forward and down it came.

I reckon you’re dead right, Colin. That explains the odd wheel configuration. I saw that a lot in Sweden.