Tipper advice please

I have done a few sugar beet seasons and I have moved some grain about in tippers, for the next couple of days I am going to be doing General tipping work. Could be anything to anywhere. Don’t want to seem a complete plonker but I’m guessing if I’ve been moving stone and then have to do grain I need to clean tipper out. Any advice on dos and donts and tips on General tipping would be appreciated. It’s in an artic.

Thanks

From what I understand, if the trailer carries foodstuffs, you can carry aggregate but not if it’s recycled material.
Oh, and don’t have the bulker filled right up when on aggregate…The old what’s heavier; A tonne of sand or a tonne of feathers? :laughing:

Do you have an EPIC card or MPQC card as it’s known now? you may need it for some quarries mate.

Yes I am aware of that and have told them so I don’t get sent anywhere I can’t access. Thanks

midlifetrucker:
Yes I am aware of that and have told them so I don’t get sent anywhere I can’t access. Thanks

Aggregate industries will deffo want to see the card because they are in the process of inductions h&s bull
Cemex depends which quarries you go to maybe ok, same goes with Hanson lucky dip, Tarmac they may want to see it so can’t see you doing much lol

Ah well. I’m on the clock not the load so we will see.

midlifetrucker:
Ah well. I’m on the clock not the load so we will see.

All good then :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I think it’s mainly grain to be honest but we’ll see

Quarries are getting bad we’re in the process of fitting electric sheets cos thats what they want, it’ll be electric tail gates next then walking floors as they don’t want you out the truck lol

Some of the EMR trailers have hydraulic rear doors, epic laziness, I still have to get my hammer out to get the doors open on our trailers.

As for tips, try and keep the lorry straight with the unit pointing to an escape route incase the load boots you forward when it comes out. A nice level hard ground is what you want but you can’t always have that.

midlifetrucker:
I think it’s mainly grain to be honest but we’ll see

Get yourself plenty of reading material, lots of sitting about in the mills and docks.

Normal day in paradise

A lot of quarries claim to have something called “weight capture” on their weighbridge software. This means if you’re 44t mgw apparently the ticket wont print off if you’re 44100. It may be true, but if so then why do so many Bob the Builders always get 1.5t of ballast on their transits? These things tare at 2.5t these days.
It doesn’t matter to me, I can carry almost 19.5t but I use my weigher and stop them at about 18-18.5t. With a muck body it looks full up anyway. :wink:

tango boy:

midlifetrucker:

Aggregate industries will deffo want to see the card because they are in the process of inductions h&s bull
Cemex depends which quarries you go to maybe ok, same goes with Hanson lucky dip, Tarmac they may want to see it so can’t see you doing much lol

Not true, none of above have ever asked me any card…

They should - Yes, but they don’t.

kyk:

tango boy:

midlifetrucker:

Not true, none of above have ever asked me any card…

They should - Yes, but they don’t.

lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As for the sweeping out it can be very important , ive carried white metallic salt ,after tipping the body looked spotless but after brushing the sides and floor there was a bucket full which would have been enough upset the plant that processed the next load of limestone for pharmaceutical use .

Delivering stone and backloading muck I don’t really bother sweeping out if it’s for the same customer. Unless they make an effort not to put the wettest stickiest crap on the bottom where it clings like Pimpdaddy to a stubborn carrot. If they do, then their stone is used to scrape it back out again.
If it’s not the same customer then I do tend to clean out.