Bulk tipper jobs Scotland /north England

Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone could help.
I have been driving nearly three years and enjoy it. Currently tramping however the job I am on there is not alot of variety the last few months and very slow job itself.
I know alot of drivers I speak to don’t like the tipping jobs but I would like to give it a go and be a bit busier and on the go. Does anyone know of any companies in Scotland or north England who would train someone on bulk tippers and give a shot to?

Cheers

Could try a w Jenkinsons. They run some tippers from Penrith and possibly Lockerbie. You might like walking floors as an alternative.

try dumfries freight they outbase trucks
dumfriesfreight.com/contact/

John Beaty based at Penrith and Oakbank Services in Dumfries

Thanks guys I will give some a call you mention. I did try jenkinson but never got any email back when sent my application in. Maybe my age or difficult to get in there.

Cheers

mrhankey:
Thanks guys I will give some a call you mention. I did try jenkinson but never got any email back when sent my application in. Maybe my age or difficult to get in there.

Cheers

I’d be surprised if it’s difficult to get in. If you look on there website they’ll be a contact number for each depot.

I can’t see Jenks been difficult to get in to, they have a massive fleet. They own a share of Stobrats as well.

Depending where abouts in North England you’re looking, GA Smiths in Morpeth might be an option for you. The run a fleet of walking floors/tippers and they also move plant around on flatbeds.

Castillidie:
I can’t see Jenks been difficult to get in to, they have a massive fleet. They own a share of Stobrats as well.

Depending where abouts in North England you’re looking, GA Smiths in Morpeth might be an option for you. The run a fleet of walking floors/tippers and they also move plant around on flatbeds.

stobart own jenky’s now if i remember rightly

scotstrucker:

Castillidie:

Utter bull! Jenkinsons have a big stake in Stobarts not the other way. And the biomass devision are subbies to jenks

scotstrucker:

Castillidie:

Don’t think that’s right mate. I was speaking to one of Jenks TM’s a couple of months ago and he said AWJ own 12% of Stobarts.

mrhankey:

Cheers

I’ve heard that they are crying out for drivers, many have left afaik.
There may be a good reason for that btw. :bulb:
It was a ‘‘dead man’s shoes’’ job once over.

robroy:

mrhankey:

Cheers

I’ve heard that they are crying out for drivers, many have left afaik.
There may be a good reason for that btw. :bulb:
It was a ‘‘dead man’s shoes’’ job once over.

As rob says. Once over there weren’t many better jobs going, but now it’s much like any other large firm. But they are certainly not the worst I’ve worked for in my short career.

Castillidie:

scotstrucker:

Castillidie:

Don’t think that’s right mate. I was speaking to one of Jenks TM’s a couple of months ago and he said AWJ own 12% of Stobarts.

thats been the case for years though, stobart bought the biomass side and the truckstop at penrith but still run it under the awj name

Thanks guys

I contacted jenkinson again and been told possibly August for any vacancies so will see what happens.

I will maybe give ga Smith a call this week. Emailed the others mentioned today so see what comes about. Just fancy something a bit different with not bad money which asking about these jobs seem similar to what I take home now just want a change. Cheers