Hargreaves bulk transport

hargreaves bulk transport anyone know what these are like to work for got a assesment drive tomorrow on tipper work any one worked for them or knows anything about them please let me know thanks

We do a lot of work with hargreaves brooksy and as far as i am aware from chatting to the lads they all seem happy enough. Kit is all tidy and well maintained and the work is easy enough. Talking to a guy last week who had left for a couple of weeks and came back so it cant be that bad. Doesnt seem to be a large turnover of drivers but there isnt in bulk work generally. Its one of those jobs you either love or hate. If you can put up with the muck and dust its an easy job with not much hanging about (not compared to those delivering to rdc’s that is :wink: ).
Let us know how you get on. Always good to know there is another tipper driver about cos i get picked on :laughing:

They seemed to have calmed down a bit recentley - used to see them flying about in older ERF’s with coal.

Whats wrong with tipper drivers did 5 years on agricultural haulage in and around Yorkshire.

still do biker mate :smiley: bulk tippers for Lodges at Doncaster :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Brooksy,
I worked for Hargreaves for 3 1/2 years, just finished with them yesterday to work across in Canada.
Excellent tackle, well maintained. Majority Scania 124 420’s
I won’t give you any bull, if you are not experienced in the bulk side of the industry, you will be running mainly around Yorkshire, Notts, North Lincolnshire, but if you have experience you will be sent all over the UK.
Work consists of mainly, coal, aggregates, scrap, clay. Just be extra careful when you’re tipping the more bulkier loads, ie, clay, scrap.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them, there’s a great bunch of lads work there. In total, they have about 350 trucks, tippers, walking floors, compactors, flats, curtainsiders.
They work long hours, average 70 hrs per week, 4 nights out, pay not so good for basic rate.
If it’s John who is assessing you, tell him you’ve spoken to me, he’s an OK sort of bloke (lmao).
Good luck, you’ll enjoy it.
Steve

Steve, can you shed any light on the Bloxwich operation? I know they were Squires, and I think the same wallers are still running the show, but dont know what its like now. Ive noticed they are running a mix of bulkers and tauts, I might be interested meself! :slight_smile:

Mal, don’t quote me on it, but I think the distribution side of Squires is now defunct. The TM who was down there moved back up to the n/east. All the tipper work is handled from up here in Durham.
The tackle down there is not in very good shape, V, X, 51’s. I know the majority of the 51 plates that we had up here, were sent down to Bloxwich. But the drivers have not looked after them very well.
If you want the phone number of the TM, send me a pm & i’ll reply with the details.