BULK TIPPERS

Does anyone know any companies out there that use O/Ds for Bulk tippers ie;grain etc.I used to do this type of work years ago but lost contact as many companies have seemed to have moved.The rates used to be above genral haulage and as i have wet pack i may as well use it and does anyone know where you can hire a trailer for this

Have a look at www.halcion.co.uk
Don’t know anything about them but got a rate sheet from them a couple of years ago and you don’t see them having to advertise in the mags every week so that in itself must be good sign :laughing: :sunglasses: .
p.s. I remember they stated in the info I recieved that they don’t haul grain as the returns are no good :exclamation:

cheers for that.but am looking for companies in the southeast/southwest

Although not tippers, Have you tried Gregorys.
They are after 44ton plated vehicles with wet pack for traction work.

Possibly on the walking floor waste trailers or the sewage tankers (no ADR)

No idea what the rates are though.

(details on the recruiting section on trucknet)

cheers.i’ve got their number some way i’ll give them a call on monday

Are Mcquires still around, They were based in Cheltenham I think but were in Erith Oil Mills (ADM) every day, they were using sub contractors.

i know them .i was born next door to their yard (old acres).they went bust and sold land to summerfields a few years a go.now a irish company use their name they dont use subbies.the irish company is the ones that made them go under by owing the tonnes of monies(thats was what i was told by one of their ex drivers

Clwyd transport services in Wrexham always have work for Artic and 8 wheelers. www.clwydtransport.co.uk It’s Craig that runs the Artis side if things. Expect £1700 to £2200 a week

Bulk tippers are quiet at the moment, but harvest is just around the corner, I would avoid the ones that advertise in the Truck Press, and go for one of the local mid size companies, the job is as bad as it gets at the moment mind, as the high diesel price do not seem to be filtering through to the rates yet. If you are serious pm me, and I will have a think, or come up to the North East, and work for me
:smiley: