Bulk tippers

Will be getting a call tommoro about a job on the bulkers doing grain etc on a class 1 bulker, now I have had abit of experience on them but not massively and I think am gong to accept the job,

I know how to tip, sheet up, clearance before sending box up etc but anything particular I should know ?

If you had some experience then youll know about some mills being a nightmare to get onto the tip. Blindside reverses ect. I started bulker work bout 2 month ago and I’m getting on ok.

As with any new job, take it easy until you’re confident.

That wouldn’t be for p,m transport would it, if in doubt ask ,take it steady ,can be a good job

mark h:
Bulk tippers?

ROF from Sprog’s:
take it easy

daddycool:
take it steady

Hmmm.

How well do you know the rurals as well going down them lanes trying to find the entrance to farms, take the lane by the sycamore tree, what the hecs one of them look like, not my bag personally cause i hate the rurals much prefer proper roads and buildings, them farmers don,t like signs or even putting putting them on gate to where the grain store is, i hated it years ago when i done it, Just me own opinion mate.

Contraflow:

mark h:
Bulk tippers?

ROF from Sprog’s:
take it easy

daddycool:
take it steady

Hmmm.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: stop it :laughing: I am trying to drink :laughing: :laughing:

mark h:
Will be getting a call tommoro about a job on the bulkers doing grain etc on a class 1 bulker, now I have had abit of experience on them but not massively and I think am gong to accept the job,

I know how to tip, sheet up, clearance before sending box up etc but anything particular I should know ?

Just dress like a tramp, mess your hair up a bit and put your brain back in just before you check your bank account on a Friday, then go do it all again on a Monday !! :laughing: :laughing:

These guys always make me laugh. I’ve never known a firm to be in as much of a rush as these lot are.

image.jpg
Quality entertainment can be found on CB channel 29 listening to them bicker and squabble amongst themselves.

image.jpg
In the picture above, the vehicle at the rear is attempting to save 0.27 seconds at the end of his day by travelling in the slipstream of his colleague in front. :laughing:

Contraflow:
These guys always make me laugh. I’ve never known a firm to be in as much of a rush as these lot are.

Quality entertainment can be found on CB channel 29 listening to them bicker and squabble amongst themselves.

In the picture above, the vehicle at the rear is attempting to save 0.27 seconds at the end of his day by travelling in the slipstream of his colleague in front. :laughing:

That lot have quite a reputation among the bulk tipping community, or did have !always in a rush , always first in a quarry ( quarry opens 5.45 am they are there 04.15am) always have trucks replaced after 3 years can’t imagine why!

gickniff:
That lot have quite a reputation among the bulk tipping community…

Yes, they do indeed. :unamused:

I drive a bulk tipper in the East Midlands and I’m in no rush whatsoever. :sunglasses:

Nothing pleasures me more than doing 40mph on a single carriageway, setting my CB to channel 29 and seeing a Fernwood Transport convoy on my tail. :laughing:

Don’t forget…

Contraflow:

They aren’t bulk tippers mate.

Big vans with the capacity to tip? Yes.

Bulk tippers? No.

Contraflow:

Bulk tippers? No.

Contraflow ‘IS’ Stanley Baker & he’s waving his gold cigarette case around in the canteen :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Contraflow:

Bulk tippers? No.

They run artics… :laughing:

Best of luck mate. If going into farms, the phone call to the farmer is key. Get yourself a Phillips Navigator Mapbook - a high proportion of farms appear on there.
When in mills you can always ask your brethren for advice.

So your going to to be a Seaforth scutter :wink: eh :laughing: :laughing:

Chas:

Contraflow:

Bulk tippers? No.

Contraflow ‘IS’ Stanley Baker & he’s waving his gold cigarette case around in the canteen :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing:

lightning:
When in mills you can always ask your brethren for advice.

If they’re like Shipton Under Wychwood Mill, all the mill staff are related. :laughing:

Did someone mention farmers , farms and the countryside? OMFG just had some flashbacks, guys driving tippers older than the bible, thinking they were akin to concord pilots. They had the absolute geographical knowledge of a 1:50000 OS map sheet (but only one). They knew the name of every sheepdog within a 20 mile radius. Enough about the drivers.

Farms and farmers.

The classic farmer lines of…
“We had bigger trucks than that in here!”
“He doesn’t bite!”

Farms without signs
Farms with a forklift that was created from ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ of a Sherman tank, some agricultural implement and the efforts of an over zealous hobbyist welder.
Scary dogs.
Scary farmers.

I don’t miss tippers or any form of agricultural haulage and I grew up on a farm!

Rant over!!