Brits working for the irish?

was talking to an old friend today and he said there wasnt as many english/scottish drivers
working for the irish anymore and taking the trucks home with them.made me wonder if there
were any on here and if so is there much work over there as i
fancy going back, i enjoyed my time working for noel zwecker, and before
anyone askes i wouldnt go back there as its never the same

alun:
was talking to an old friend today and he said there wasnt as many english/scottish drivers
working for the irish anymore and taking the trucks home with them.made me wonder if there
were any on here and if so is there much work over there as i
fancy going back, i enjoyed my time working for noel zwecker, and before
anyone askes i wouldnt go back there as its never the same

i am currenly working for a dutch company unit only take home away from home for 2 weeks then 1 week off in germany

i wouldn’t work for a uk firm. they are full of jobsworth tossers. i have always worked for irish firms. you can do your job, in the way you want to do your job, without some ■■■, trying to tell you how to do it.
i worked for a uk firm once, i lasted 5 days. how do you lot do it?

DON’T WORK FOR THE BRITISH.

I used to work for the irish and i agree with phil it was better atmosphere than a uk firm.
always rumours about somebody taking on in ireland but don’t think the money’s there anymore?

There’s still a god few of us. Reason I do it? Easier going, money is still better than UK, I don’t want to work for a company for 10 years before I’m considered for a half decent truck, decent European work, etc etc

am on 4 an irish firm at the mo and its a good job, am contracted to johnston logistics from dublin i think, pullin loads for the hazchem group in a stupid sized double decker

Im the same, infact id say 80% of his employees are from the SCOTTISH side as oppose to the Irish, dont ask me how that is. Most have been there a number of years, with the odd few pushing double figures, so cant be that bad?

I find it easier going, you get told a job and you do it, dont ear anyone else on the other end of the phone asking what/where/when, they just give you the job and that is that. SUre you get hassle if you moan, but if you keep your head down and do the work then thats that. I hear from my boss maybe a handful of times a week, telling me where im going and the following day what boat im heading up for and thats it.

Infact I cant say I read many threads from people moaning about driving for Irish firms on this forum… Maybe 1 of 2 things, were either all happy or all flat out with the fuses out doing 100kms+ down the M/Way, rattling all your mirrors off and have no time for the internet… Yeehaa :wink:

wb, not one of the ex south wales nolan boys r u?

there is a lot of drivers in fleetwood who work for irish firms sometake the units home with them or leave the units parked on dock street out side the ferry terminal.my dad used to wORK for B+I LINE many years ago for them looking after the trailers that came and went on the ferries.told me once of a tug guy lossing control on the rap down to the boat and the tug and trl went into the river.also a stroy of a irish firm asking the trl not to be put in the belly of the boat.but they did not listen to his request.so when they came to lift it off the lift would not take it up at all.they rang the guy and he said why was it put there as the was 22ton of steel in the of the tipper with 22ton of coal on top.they sent it back and someone had to transfer the coal to another trl so they could lift it out

browncow2:

certaily was browncow2, used to be a good job with a good craic and good money, truck on the drive of the house every saturday :sunglasses: then “they” arrived and it went down hill quickly :cry:
i really enjoyed them, never on the phone unless you were chasing a ferry they even managed to ask the Ulysses to wait 10 mins in holyhead for me once :open_mouth: but then the amount of work they gave irish ferries i think they had a certain influence :wink:

welshboyinspain:

browncow2:

certaily was browncow2, used to be a good job with a good craic and good money, truck on the drive of the house every saturday :sunglasses: then “they” arrived and it went down hill quickly :cry:
i really enjoyed them, never on the phone unless you were chasing a ferry they even managed to ask the Ulysses to wait 10 mins in holyhead for me once :open_mouth: but then the amount of work they gave irish ferries i think they had a certain influence :wink:

Good god we had vastly differing experiences of Nolans! I wouldn’t work for that shower of bar stewards again if they were the last company on earth.

switchlogic:

welshboyinspain:

browncow2:

Good god we had vastly differing experiences of Nolans! I wouldn’t work for that shower of bar stewards again if they were the last company on earth.

It was many years ago mind switchy, my last truck with them was a 99WX which i had brand new but finished by 2000

Some people did love it though, it’s funny it was one of those companies you either got on well with or very badly. An Irish accent from that part of Ireland still sends a shiver down my spine!

I agree with you though I wouldn’t work for them again not because of my previous experience but because of what they are like now.
it was a good craic because out of the 300 or so trucks that he had at the time there must have been at least 200 hundred welshmen we had more trucks parked in south wales at a weekend than John Raymond,where i worked before going to Nolans with about 20 others

wb, when i worked for phi, i ran a lot with a lad from south wales i think his name was glyn or glen, he was ex nolans then he went to monex. also you said you worked for raymonds, did you remember the owner driver that subed for him called julian.

browncow2:
wb, when i worked for phi, i ran a lot with a lad from south wales i think his name was glyn or glen, he was ex nolans then he went to monex. also you said you worked for raymonds, did you remember the owner driver that subed for him called julian.

I remember Julian he was subbying when I was at JR’s. couple of nice Volvo’s if I remember, one of my mates left JR to work for him because he paid more doing the same work, shows how much profit JR was making out of Rockwool :open_mouth:
sad story about Monex think they’ve gone :cry: think i know who you mean did he have a super space daf at nolans? one of the few dafs we had as opposed to hundreds of actros’s
my mate that worked for Julian now works for Owens Road Services 4 days on 4 off says its the easiest job he’s had but most people i know who left JR’s wouldn’t go back because the office staff are complete bar stewards

wb, all i can remember of glyn or glen was he enjoied the old jamaican woodbine, and as for julian, he could,nt pass a bag house without stopping :smiley: :smiley:

browncow2:
wb, all i can remember of glyn or glen was he enjoied the old jamaican woodbine, and as for julian, he could,nt pass a bag house without stopping :smiley: :smiley:

there was a lad from near neath think his name was glynn who parked near the old metalbox factory with a daf ssc was fond of the old funny ■■■ :open_mouth:
thats definitely julian :grimacing: :grimacing: