Irish hauliers want the Brits back again

Due to damage to the trucks,having cheaper labour is not always the best,i see bumps,dents,scratches,tyre markings,paint marks on the side of Irish wagons,most have a retainer on the wages to pay for damage,they dock so much a week that goes in to a kitty,they deduct from that if you hit anything,which must be illegal.Due to the high cost of the plastic areas that are prone to get knocked while reversing in to farms or tight areas.

Yet more pointless rambling from the master of drivel that is Toby!

Thanks mate. :smiley:

So there paying rates equal to UK companies Then Toby! :slight_smile:

there is some truth in what toby points out (unusual i know :laughing: ) but i did get an unexpected phone call some months ago asking if i was interested in going back to the irish firm i worked for until they realised i had moved to spain and couldn’t guarantee to get me home that often.
as for the wages they are paying as well as they used to as long as you are willing to work for it :wink: :wink:

Just heard through a mate that the Irish that are taking English drivers are not paying any deductions on the money they are giving treating you as self employed so the wages aren’t so good as first appears. 700 Euro a weak for 7 days not so great with tax and insurance to pay plus a poor exchange rate.

thetourist:
Just heard through a mate that the Irish that are taking English drivers are not paying any deductions on the money they are giving treating you as self employed so the wages aren’t so good as first appears. 700 Euro a weak for 7 days not so great with tax and insurance to pay plus a poor exchange rate.

Nolans have a company in haverfordwest so they pay uk taxes, we used to get £100 a day after stoppages but not sure if they are willing to pay the same unless you “agree” to do the work :wink:

The deduct 250 euros a week for a damage retainer for the foreign drivers,when you leave i think they give it back,that would have to be written in an employment contract,once you sign it,you have agreed to their terms.

Good job that then Toby, so if I apply and get accepted and stay for a full year they will then give me back my €13000, good way to save a few bob :wink: :wink:
bit tough though if they decided to keep it :slight_smile:

There is nobody as gullible as a Brit when it comes to myths about Irish companies.

maurice:
There is nobody as gullible as a Brit when it comes to myths about Irish companies.

Like the 20 tons of steel on the floor of a fridge under 20 tons of hanging beef!!

Ross.

bigr250:

maurice:

Like the 20 tons of steel on the floor of a fridge under 20 tons of hanging beef!!

Ross.

Are you saying it never happened :open_mouth: :question:
It would be such a nice stable load too :smiley:
(As long as you had a 770bhp unit to pull it)

Simon:

bigr250:

maurice:

Ross.

Are you saying it never happened :open_mouth: :question:
It would be such a nice stable load too :smiley:
(As long as you had a 770bhp unit to pull it)

Obviously driven by a chain smoking 16 year old, of course :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

maurice:

Yep your right there, the amount of bs stories I get rattled off at me is mad.

Oh and WBIS I don’t suppose you even considered going back but it appears Nolans are even bigger a holes now than they ever were. Know a couple of chaps who went back and they said it was a massive mistake.

toby1234abc:
The deduct 250 euros a week for a damage retainer for the foreign drivers,when you leave i think they give it back,that would have to be written in an employment contract,once you sign it,you have agreed to their terms.

And ‘they’ would be who exactly Toby?

switchlogic:

maurice:

Yep your right there, the amount of bs stories I get rattled off at me is mad.

Oh and WBIS I don’t suppose you even considered going back but it appears Nolans are even bigger a holes now than they ever were. Know a couple of chaps who went back and they said it was a massive mistake.

i considered it for less than ooh about 30 seconds :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
i spoke to somebody who was there the same time as me and your dad, his name was terry from cardiff, he went back and after a month left, he seemed to agree with your opinion so now works for oleary :open_mouth: on the primark contract to spain