British drivers 0 polish drivers1

In a recent public enquiry held by the scottish traffic area commisioners, a company from kilsyth was found guilty of drivers hours breaches, the outcome of the hearing resulted in several of the companies brittish drivers having their hgv entitlement revolked for a minimum period of two weeks and a maximum of two years, on the other hand the companies eastern european drivers with similar offences were not even called to the enquiry or prosecuted. At the start of the enquiry last year the british drivers ask their legal representation why the companies eastern european drivers were not required to attend , when the question was put to the commisioner at the enquiry they were told that these drivers would be dealt with at a later date, to this day they still have never been called forward to answer any charges that were brought against them. Doesnt it just make you proud to be brittish!

just as a point before this post is removed and labelled as hearsay, contact joan aitken at the scottish traffic area office and ask her in person why this is so.

well bat it back to the drivers to get their legal representation to get the charges quashed then :question: :question: :question:

Are those other drivers on UK licences?

Has the UK legal system the right to do anything in law if they are on non UK licences?

I would not have thought that a TC in the UK could suspend the LGV licence of a non UK driver

jessicas dad:
well bat it back to the drivers to get their legal representation to get the charges quashed then :question: :question: :question:

I agree with you on that but dont know if they will appeal. Should be in the trucking mags this month about the case

could this be an easy way for every rogue haulier in the country to employ more eastern drivers as it seems they appear to be outside the remit of the law. no doubt [zb] will now put eastern european drivers in all of his trucks and flout the law completely again. as most of us know this is not the first time his brittish drivers have been on the recieving end of an “enforced holiday” courtesy of the scottish traffic inspectorate.

anybody got a link for the PER?? ive found the company your refering to as the original PE was back in 2009 tried google but it came up with nothing unless it not been published yet :exclamation: :neutral_face:

Cruise Control:
anybody got a link for the PER?? ive found the company your refering to as the original PE was back in 2009 tried google but it came up with nothing unless it not been published yet :exclamation: :neutral_face:

That is the PE that started in 2009 and the drivers have just found out by post the outcome of the public enquiry and their punishment.

Anyone can do this if they wish… All you need is a fixed address abroad to apply for a licence… I know a handful of Scottish and English guys running on Southern Irish licences as NOTHING can be done if stopped by VOSA and a problem found apart from being parked up and a fine, but a UK licence holder could get points (If speeding) or lose his/her HGV if lost via the TC if the offence is severe. Aint it great being part of the EU? Aint there a guy on here recently saying he had a Romanian licence? Poss working out there though.

Apparently any drivers encountered in the UK for any reason are getting ghost licences created by the DVLA, ie, if they rack up 12 points in the UK then they get banned from driving here, surely in this case it would be possible to impose a UKwide ban for the 2 weeks for the other drivers using this system?

Sorry but surely if these people have broken the LAW why were they not
punished if the above post is one that is correct why has the scottish RHA or
fta equiverlent not got the act in gear also what about the trade unions
this stinks sorry if they had been caught out here the germans would have
done ALL concerned , and if nessacry a driving ban would be imposed on the drivers
forbidding them to drive car or truck here in GERMANY,
the drivers concerned should get themselves organised and fight against the judgement
that was set on them use the might of the written word and get one of the daily papers
intrested in the story as, what is required here is a independant inquiry and report to
show what happened and get the truth and justice for all concerned

ROG:
Has the UK legal system the right to do anything in law if they are on non UK licences?

They cannot endorse a non-UK licence but an outright ban can of course be imposed if they’re resident.

zippy!:
Apparently any drivers encountered in the UK for any reason are getting ghost licences created by the DVLA, ie, if they rack up 12 points in the UK then they get banned from driving here, surely in this case it would be possible to impose a UKwide ban for the 2 weeks for the other drivers using this system?

i must admit in my younger days i had 2 license’s … one full of points and one empty, when you have a clean license apply for another claiming first one is lost, then if you rack up points put them all on the same license and keep a clean one. :confused: :confused: :confused:

i must admit in my younger days i had 2 license’s … one full of points and one empty, when you have a clean license apply for another claiming first one is lost, then if you rack up points put them all on the same license and keep a clean one. :confused: :confused: :confused:

:smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley:

mrpj:

ROG:

They cannot endorse a non-UK licence but an outright ban can of course be imposed if they’re resident.

Agreed if it’s a court case relating to the whole licence but if just down to the TC for the LGV part then nothing can be done

ROG:
Are those other drivers on UK licences?

I would not have thought that a TC in the UK could suspend the LGV licence of a non UK driver

They can kiss me in my arse about my license, yes. But they can BAN me from DRIVING IN BRITAIN.

Paulc:

:smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley:
[/quote]
That is why DVLA offer this service to check on miscreants. There is also an online checker and a premium rate phone line for operators and hire companies, so I presume agencies use it too.

licencecheck.co.uk/government_guidelines.php

Wheel Nut:

Paulc:

That is why DVLA offer this service to check on miscreants. There is also an online checker and a premium rate phone line for operators and hire companies, so I presume agencies use it too.

wrong quote malc, thats mine. this was about 15 years ago before the internet had caught on like it has, then again i go for jobs and it seems nobody ever checks referances either.

jessicas dad:

you mean to say in your “younger days” jd driving licences had been invented :question: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:

Wheel Nut:

Paulc:

wrong quote malc, thats mine. this was about 15 years ago before the internet had caught on like it has, then again i go for jobs and it seems nobody ever checks referances either.

sorry paulc. I thought you both had duplicate licences :laughing:
I was banned and drove all over Europe and Asia with only an AA licence so we could get away with a bit more in those days

mrpj:

ROG:

Are you sure about that? I’m under the impression that since the implementation of the new fixed penalty regime it co incided with a change in the courts powers