Foreign company needs to pay up

GMP Traffic‏Verified account
@gmptraffic

#GMPSRTT Foreign HGV stopped M62 in Manchester yesterday. Turns out company owes UK Goverment 30K. Company unable to pay so taken to services and cable attached to prevent movement until payment made. Driver also received £700 in fines for breaching drivers hours.

About time…

We should have been doing this years ago.

What would he have been fined for??

Geoffo:
What would he have been fined for??

Driver also received £700 in fines for breaching drivers hours.

oh what joy 5days and it should be crushed and they want 60billion of us to pullout

yourhavingalarf:
About time…

We should have been doing this years ago.

We have been doing it for years

Cheaper for the company to leave it here and let it be crushed than pay the 30k debt

Rentadent:
Cheaper for the company to leave it here and let it be crushed than pay the 30k debt

Unless he has a real high value load ,if he infact does have a load

The load (assuming there is one), is unlikely to be the property of the haulier.

So surely the UK govt cannot seize it? :confused: I know the trailer is probably the property of the haulier (unless it’s leased), but technically CAN they seize the actual load?

they could leave it yes but next one into uk under same name they will loose it also if that fridge is loaded hes gonna be sucking some out of main tank soon.most of em already gd at that

they could leave it yes but next one into uk under same name they will loose it also if that fridge is loaded hes gonna be sucking some out of main tank soon.most of em already gd at that

sorry for the double post the truck and load belongs to revenue mob till its paid

switchlogic:
We have been doing it for years

Yes…

I guess we have. Let me put it another way, it’s only the second one I’ve ever seen locked up here in the UK like that. I’ve seen impounded motors in Dover and other docks but this is reasonably new to see them clamped on or near the highway.

Previously we just let them go back whence they came from but now we’re actually stopping and punishing them. As you know, they’ve been taking large sums of cash off UK operators for years over the water.

Hopefully it’ll be a good deterent.

The Lien is a complicated law, do DVSA know what’s in the load, do they know who owns the load?
I have got some bolt croppers in my car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eagerbeaver:
The load (assuming there is one), is unlikely to be the property of the haulier.

So surely the UK govt cannot seize it? :confused: I know the trailer is probably the property of the haulier (unless it’s leased), but technically CAN they seize the actual load?

We’ve been through similar on more than one occasion.

Some of our company’s product has been on the back of a truck which has been seized by customs/VOSA for various reasons, but we’ve been allowed to go and retrieve the load and put it on to one of our trucks. Obviously the necessary documentary proof of ownership of the load has to be provided.

I wonder if the same views would be had if it was a UK truck which had been seized…most likely not :unamused:
The company might owe money in fines but the govt have no right to also seize the load, it wont be the transport companies property…

Who says hes loaded?

And who says theyv impounded the load.

30k of fines for a foreign haulier, wouldnt surprise me if its for illegals.

eagerbeaver:

see what your saying eager,but if they need to deliver it ,then they need to pay the fine if you see where I’m coming from…vehicle is clamped ,cant deliver goods

norb:

eagerbeaver:

see what your saying eager,but if they need to deliver it ,then they need to pay the fine if you see where I’m coming from…vehicle is clamped ,cant deliver goods

A sort of ’ chicken & egg ’ situation :wink:

‘Foreign’ company/‘foreign’ haulier…last time i checked the UK was still in the EU and whatever happens re brexit the UK will still be in Europe.
The ‘unfair competition’ card needs to be pulled next… :unamused: