Foreign company needs to pay up

AndrewG:
I wonder if the same views would be had if it was a UK truck which had been seized…most likely not :unamused:
The company might owe money in fines but the govt have no right to also seize the load, it wont be the transport companies property…

I would hope for the same thing to be honest mate.
However it would never get to that stage with a uk truck would it. ANPR or traffic light system would see to that.
Read the original post mate.
They clearly say “ it turns out “, so from that you can see that it was by chance that they found a repeat offender company yet again.They pulled a “foreigner” ( yep, not p.c but you know what I mean, yes we are all in the EU at the moment.) and uncovered a company who have blatantly ignored the regs and fines, I wonder why?
Would it be because they are running bent, paying peanuts and undercutting uk hauliers, you mention “unfair competition card” so explain to me what you mean.
I reckon a company that is willing to not only avoid this amount of fines but still risk coming over here is happy to cut rates/costs/quotes to well below uk levels through running illegal, so that in itself is unfair is it not?
I get that you always wish to put the other point of view across Andrew as you have experience from working and living in Europe and your opinion is always relevant and valid, but this is sticking in a lot of drivers throats over here because it’s just taking the utter ■■■■ out of all of us, the industry and the law. A law with regs that uk hauliers have to obey with all the costs concerned but apparently this company does not, so again, unfair competition. Obviously not everyone is at it, but there’s no “card” being pulled, it’s straight up common sense.
For me, the company should be banned from entering the uk full stop, even if they did pay the fine. ■■■■ them and the drivers they employ. Should have put the driver on a flight back and crushed the truck. As for the load, yep, probably not owned by the haulier, however they would be responsible for it so if it’s impounded or ruined through being impounded then they should answer the customers questions and costs.
I would happily pay more into the industry in some way if it meant ultra tight checks when entering the uk, clearly things aren’t good enough if they made it into uk roads without those thorough checks. If you owe fines then either turn around at Dover or wherever, or, stay roped off until you pay up.
That amount of fines for over here is shocking. We’ve seen the tweets about De Rooys getting a few grand for rest offences etc so what the hell have this shower of ■■■■ been up to to rack up that amount?
You wouldn’t even get away with marching them to a cash point in this country because some liberal scumbag will claim racism or some such thing.
Quick question for you though Andrew, I know you run a Spanish truck on Spanish plates but these days what happens to a non Spanish truck for any offences if pulled, are they big on fines and getting them there and then? I’m guessing they don’t mess about?
Do the Spanish enforcement target any particular plates? Just wondered really…genuine question mate, it’s been over 10 years since I drove through Spain whilst working and things have changed a lot since then with regards to the EU.

From what i hear enforcement is pretty much fair across the board mate. We can get pulled just like non Spanish plated trucks. The usual question always arises though ’ how many euros are you carrying?'…the obvious answer ‘very little, just use cards’. Not much has changed ref varying on the spot cash fines from one copper to another. On some scales its still possible to carry on after paying the ‘fine’ without off loading…

AndrewG:
‘Foreign’ company/‘foreign’ haulier…last time i checked the UK was still in the EU and whatever happens re brexit the UK will still be in Europe.
The ‘unfair competition’ card needs to be pulled next… :unamused:

The haulier will have had plenty of opportunity to pay the fine his nationality is irrelevant that size of a fine will have been for bringing in illegals. If it was a UK firm the driver would have got a summons and had to appear in court. The haulier could have employed a UK lawyer to go to court for him and argue his case in the same way we do when on the continent. He obviously thought that if he ignored it for long enough it would just go away. As to impounding the lorry it is no different to the Spanish and French removing all your documents until you pay your fine just not as obvious as a clamp.

Is he still there?
Or has he removed the cable and slipped away under cover of darkness?

axletramp:
Is he still there?
Or has he removed the cable and slipped away under cover of darkness?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
if it was full of illegals,then itl still be there so they can have an address when their applying for benefits on monday morning.
name…mustapha cash
address…the yellow daf parked on the m62… :slight_smile: