Bridge strike

This is another bridge strike just a mile from where I live. Not un heard of in these parts (Surprising how many locals have done it!!!) Any Idea who the container haulier is■■? Motors are a regular sight on the A14,

eveningnews24.co.uk/news/upd … m_1_857760

Motorways of Basildon. Renowned for their top-drawer drivers! :neutral_face:

I hate North Walsham, used to do multi drop in that area, of course I did not have one of our small rigids, I had one that was 14’4 ffs.

yes moterways they have a yard behind wincantons in felixstowe.

Ah thank you. Had no idea. Knew the motors thou. Apparently the cab was a proper mess.

MR VAIN:
This is another bridge strike just a mile from where I live. Not un heard of in these parts (Surprising how many locals have done it!!!)

Phoned my mate who works for one of hhe local haulage companies when I heard to see if it was a local driver again.

Dogmatix:
I hate North Walsham, used to do multi drop in that area, of course I did not have one of our small rigids, I had one that was 14’4 ffs.

It is a pain the alternative routes to avoid the bridges are a pain, for both the drivers and those who live on the routes.

And if you miss the signs for the bridge (or is it just one small sign) coming from Cromer it’s a long way to reverse back I’ve tried to stop the traffic in the past so a truck can reverse but drivers still go past, even driving on the pavement to do so and sit behind the truck. :unamused:

North Walsham is like so many other places. Build industrial estate close to main road with low bridge in between.

There is one off the A449 near Wolverhampton, 12’3" bridge and 10 mile detour. Makes you wonder what planning depts. actually do.

I still cannot believe the speeds that these guys drive towards and under these low bridges at. I would slow down to near crawl if I had the slightest idea that I was too tall to fit under, even when I knew that I would fit under !!!

muckles:

MR VAIN:
This is another bridge strike just a mile from where I live. Not un heard of in these parts (Surprising how many locals have done it!!!)

Phoned my mate who works for one of hhe local haulage companies when I heard to see if it was a local driver again.

[roll:

Yeah that certain haulier we both worked for in the past, had a guy called JC put a 15’ tuat’ under that bridge, they had to replace the cab there was so much damage, if i remeber rightly. But the 15’ tuat became a spanking flatbed, seemed to have a generous 45’ bed, ideal for bulk bag fertiliser, and pulled like a dream. my choice everytime for that job :wink: