Romsey bridge strikes

I know there’s lots of threads on here already, but the local rag posted this gallery of everyone’s favourite local target bridge in Greatbridge Road, Romsey - it’s hit every few weeks. Some good photos.

www.dailyecho.co.uk/news

Love that one! :smiley:
Seem plenty of trucks get to the bridge and go “Ohh!”, but never seen any of the strikes…

There’s 47 pics but they actually show only 5 incidents. Still, that’s 5 too many.

In the article it refers to an a bridge strike on the a35 Totton by pass. I thoughts funny because I’ve driven that road recently I don’t remember any low bridge round there. Just looked at my atlas and there isn’t one marked. I take it he was over 16’6 then! There’s a photo there as well. Unless anyone knows different if there’s a low foot bridge but I definitely drove down the a35 recently in a 15’10 trailer and checked for bridge heights before I did.

Rowley010:
In the article it refers to an a bridge strike on the a35 Totton by pass. I thoughts funny because I’ve driven that road recently I don’t remember any low bridge round there. Just looked at my atlas and there isn’t one marked. I take it he was over 16’6 then! There’s a photo there as well. Unless anyone knows different if there’s a low foot bridge but I definitely drove down the a35 recently in a 15’10 trailer and checked for bridge heights before I did.

There is a foot bridge mate, but it must be over 16’ 6" as it’s not marked.

google.co.uk/maps/place/Tot … 33!6m1!1e1

Evil8Beezle:

Rowley010:

There is a foot bridge mate, but it must be over 16’ 6" as it’s not marked.

google.co.uk/maps/place/Tot … 33!6m1!1e1

Looks like he’s carrying plant on his trailer so he must have been over 16’6 then.

Shame the echo didn’t check their photo locations and the last pictures of the R G S artic was Winchester road not Great bridge
Also I think he wanted to turn right but there’s a 10ft 6 bridge that way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well clearly that certain bridge should be raised higher, and the road lowered. These poor chaps seem to be getting stuck alot

Interesting to note that the Greatbridge Road one is marked at 14’ 3’’ and the Winchester Road is marked at 14’ 6’’ but both at 4.3m.

Surprised the RoRo didn’t make it.

Vid:
Interesting to note that the Greatbridge Road one is marked at 14’ 3’’ and the Winchester Road is marked at 14’ 6’’ but both at 4.3m.

Surprised the RoRo didn’t make it.

Because 4.3m is 14ft1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk