Bridge Strike in Romsey

Just heard on the local radio, a truck has struck the bridge in Greatbridge Road, Romsey. Road now closed in both directions.

This was it:

dailyecho.co.uk/news/1107755 … ?ref=var_0

mikeshe:
This was it:

dailyecho.co.uk/news/1107755 … ?ref=var_0

That’s a ro-ro, I’d have just dropped the bin off the back and dragged it through :smiling_imp: :grimacing:

Seriously though, possible defence, if you scroll down the story and see the last pic - copper taking a picture of the bridge - it looks rather foggy behind, wonder if the fog had prevented the driver seeing the signs or the bridge?

Nah, that bridge is signposted for a while, and has a sensor connected to a flashing warning sign before you reach it.

That’s not even close to getting under that bridge, who was driving, stevie wonder?

Waltet are a local company too, so he really should have remembered the bridge was there!

About time they started dishing out big fines for these thick drivers.

TTX boy:
About time they started dishing out big fines for these thick drivers.

They do network rail fined my boss £33 for every minute he was stuck under when he wedged himself underneath there few years back. I told him the load wouldn’t go under but hey what do I know. There are low bridges all over Romsey best bet for him would off been Winchester or chandlers ford cut through to hursley along to straight mile and off past hilliers there yard I think is off the same road, more miles on paper but quicker than sitting under that.