Bored as hell on the sick

Yo!

I have been on the sick for nearly two weeks now and it’s doing my head in. I was working on the bed of the trailer and ended up falling off it like a right fanny landing on my arms buggering up the both of them. :laughing: I have went from being away 6 days a week and working my ■■■ off to sitting around doing nothing all day. Sad to say I miss my job like hell.

Is it just me? Do you love your job as much as I do? Or can’t you stand it and pray for time off? I have 11 days to take off which I’m on just now because I can’t live off £75 a week, can you? lol. To be honest with you, I had no intention in going on holiday. I would rather work and get the holidays as a big fat wage slip one week as opposed to sitting about the flat for two weeks. I only like to take holidays if I am actually going somewhere nice. I’m a single guy so don’t have any issues with doing tramping 6 days.

I only hope that by the end of next week I am ok to go back to work and don’t have to take even more time off. A person can only watch so much crap daytime tv before going crazy lol

Nope its not just you!

I’ve been off work for a week and a half now and really am going mad. I had to send my license off to get details changed (about time I did it) and as I’m agency I cant work while my license is away.

Every day I’ve been watching the post man walk up the road, come to the door and…nuttin for me!
Today a brown envelope turned up with DVLA stamped on it, thought woohoo! turns out it was just my new DigiTacho card :frowning:

I swear this has taught me something, I’m not turning down a single day of work every again, promise :wink:

Alex

get a life will you.

work to live not live to work :open_mouth:

I’ve only been back at work for a few weeks and already I’m looking for a short break in the sun

steveo what ever you do ,DO not go back to
work until the Doctor says you can,
secondly surely as its a acciodent at work
you should be getting full pay??Thats how it works
over here,plus my boss has to pay 6 weeks full
and then the illness insureance pays the wage
for another 18months before you have to register else
where, this is for Germany, mate…

I’ve got a week’s holiday and I can’t believe it’s only bloody Wednesday, so it’s not just you. If I hang about here much longer it’s going to be divorce…I didn’t get married to have to spend time with the old soak! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Off now, before ample arse gets kicked… :blush: :blush: :blush:

brit pete:
steveo what ever you do ,DO not go back to
work until the Doctor says you can,
secondly surely as its a acciodent at work
you should be getting full pay??Thats how it works
over here,plus my boss has to pay 6 weeks full
and then the illness insureance pays the wage
for another 18months before you have to register else
where, this is for Germany, mate…

I wish, mate. I just done a quick search on google and on the government website all it says is for accidents in the workplace I get bog standard sick pay unless my company wants to pay more. I don’t see them paying more sadly :frowning:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
get a life will you.

work to live not live to work :open_mouth:

I’ve only been back at work for a few weeks and already I’m looking for a short break in the sun

me too mate, I like my job but if I didn’t have to go I wouldn’t

Lucy:
I’ve got a week’s holiday and I can’t believe it’s only bloody Wednesday, so it’s not just you. If I hang about here much longer it’s going to be divorce…I didn’t get married to have to spend time with the old soak! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Off now, before ample arse gets kicked… :blush: :blush: :blush:

I’ll pmsl if you’re on the sick next week due to a sore ample arse Lucy :laughing: :laughing:

Steveo , whose fault was the accident, because if it is not yours
then yes get claiming sorry mate but, that is a joke and no one
can live off that ,onthat site where you got your info is also a few
paragraphs about claiming when it is not your fault,by the way steveo
it is abit late but look into private insurance to cover you when you next have a accident, it is worth it mate,

3 months and counting - see my signature :cry: :cry: :cry:

I had 10 months off with a spinal injury - was climbing the ■■■■■■ walls after a month. Actually went back early but took a nice steady night trunk job where the only thing I had to do was uncouple a trailer and pick up the return one.

I just had 2 months off weent to the doctor last friday to have mt stitches out and she said ill sign you off for another week I said NNNOOO, please let me go back but do light duties so she signed my sick note to do light duties only.

Im missing my lorry like crazy answering the phone and being near to my mardy boss is too much .

I was quite lucky to find some good free ■■■■ sites when i was off the sad thing is the op was on both of my hands, talk about frustration;).

(The pc was voice controlled).

when i fell off the back of my little 7.5 tonner and broke my ribs, i had a total of 4 days off. the wife had had enough of me being around i think.

so after 4 days i was back at work with my ribs hurting like hell, doing multidrop :S
needed the money aswell as keeping the mrs happy. but i have a claim going through at the moment for my accident. they said i stand to get £1.5k for my injury + comp for time off work / inability to work to full potential for few months .

Scarab : I’ve been off work for a week and a half now and really am going mad. I had to send my license off to get details changed (about time I did it) and as I’m agency I cant work while my license is away.

Does the agency have a photocopy of your licence ? as i was still sent to clients while waiting for my licence be returned after my class 2 pass. i actually got sent on a class 2 job the day after my pass tbh.

Steve-o:
Yo!

I have 11 days to take off which I’m on just now because I can’t live off £75 a week, can you? lol.

Sounds as if you will be having a cheap few weeks then fella, nothing changes :laughing: :laughing:

Scarab:
Nope its not just you!

I’ve been off work for a week and a half now and really am going mad. I had to send my license off to get details changed (about time I did it) and as I’m agency I cant work while my license is away.

Every day I’ve been watching the post man walk up the road, come to the door and…nuttin for me!
Today a brown envelope turned up with DVLA stamped on it, thought woohoo! turns out it was just my new DigiTacho card :frowning:

I swear this has taught me something, I’m not turning down a single day of work every again, promise :wink:

Alex

DVLA have a number that prospective employers can call to get verification of your licence status. It’s a premium rate line but if it gets you back to work quicker it pays for itself! I think it worked out at a couple of quid for me recently.

0906 139 3837 :wink:

jammymutt:
I just had 2 months off weent to the doctor last friday to have mt stitches out and she said ill sign you off for another week I said NNNOOO, please let me go back but do light duties so she signed my sick note to do light duties only.

Im missing my lorry like crazy answering the phone and being near to my mardy boss is too much .

I was quite lucky to find some good free ■■■■ sites when i was off the sad thing is the op was on both of my hands, talk about frustration;).

A true Clydebanker :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I know how you feel about bein board I have been on the sick since March 07

DVLA dont even mention please

Seems we’re all on the sick. That explains the driver shortage then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I pay an insurance of £600ish a year, a lot I know, but that would give me £300 a week if I were on the sick, with a bit of insurance if I lose limbs eyesight etc, or die. :open_mouth:
It’s a lump of money, and in 12 years I’ve never claimed, but if I knew I was only going to get SSP I wouldn’t hesitate in doing something similar.
Oh and, some of you younger fitter ones would probably get it for a lot less. When I was an employer, it was my pet dread, the fact that one of my drivers would have to go ‘long term sick’ and used to pay basic weeks for long standing employees, bit luckily, that was never much more than a month, being a small company we could never claim it back either :cry:

tartanraider:

jammymutt:

A true Clydebanker :stuck_out_tongue:

just figured out what that meant :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: