Anyone else fed up doing their job?

Hi everyone,
Over the past few years my wife says that i’ve changed from a happy go lucky sorta guy at work into i cannie wait to get out the gate on a friday night sorta guy ?
I have worked for the same company 23 years now (i know, very long time) blah blah…
The past 3 years i’ve been going away on a monday and back on a friday ? before this i allways done a 3day trip then a 2 day trip or vice/versa so my week allways had a night home during the week, but being away mon/fri seems to have a negative effect on me to the point that i’ve thought about jacking the job in ? ?
So does anyone else know what i’m on about, am i just going through a bad patch ?

I just chuck it tbh.

Only been at it about 8 years but as I was out in the real world for a while I know how good the job is.

Money is my only gripe at times, but I am earning more than enough doing Agency work and if I am honest I wouldn`t take a full time job.

By Sunday I will have worked for four different companies and listened to Drivers fed up at every one, its great not bothering who got what motor or run or couldn`t get the day off for the fitba. :laughing:

Shoveling slag on the railway would get your head back in it. :laughing:

I can see how your feeling a bit down though, I used to do 2 away back one for my Nat King and pat the weans on the head and away for one again, back Friday and got mocket all weekend, never had a care in the world. :laughing:

Would have had to stay sober on a Friday and no doubt have a family day out on the Saturday if I was away all week, nightmare. :laughing:

aranger:
Would have had to stay sober on a Friday and no doubt have a family day out on the Saturday if I was away all week, nightmare. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

aranger:
I just chuck it tbh.

Only been at it about 8 years but as I was out in the real world for a while I know how good the job is.

Money is my only gripe at times, but I am earning more than enough doing Agency work and if I am honest I wouldn`t take a full time job.

By Sunday I will have worked for four different companies and listened to Drivers fed up at every one, its great not bothering who got what motor or run or couldn`t get the day off for the fitba. :laughing:

Shoveling slag on the railway would get your head back in it. :laughing:

I can see how your feeling a bit down though, I used to do 2 away back one for my Nat King and pat the weans on the head and away for one again, back Friday and got mocket all weekend, never had a care in the world. :laughing:

Agreed. I’ve just had four years in another industry and I’m so glad to be out on the road again. :smiley: