off work

looks like i am gonna have a few weeks away from the bullets and the bombs.

just been diagnosed by KBR doctors i have a hernia.

Take it easy Niel and get well mate,

Get it sorted asap. A very good friend of mine died of one earlier this year.

i have been off since last tuesday wentin to hospital had the op on wednesday morning out thursday dinner been told can not driver for at least 6 weeks.i have hada cap put on my shoulder socket as i have frozen shoulder mostly on my right but also on my left as well.been told ill be off for at least 3 months maybe more bepending on how physo goes.
good thing though is the boss is going to pay me 3 dasy holiday pay for the first 3 days u do not get payed of ur sick pay.only get 14 weeks full sick pay then 28 weeks ssp after that.but god im bored sitting at home with no means of getting anywhere unless my family are free to take me.as my wife does not drive as she has only been in the uk since january when we got married in thailand

neil46:
looks like i am gonna have a few weeks away from the bullets and the bombs.

just been diagnosed by KBR doctors i have a hernia.

I hope you get sorted soon or you will have to put up with a worse fate…

… being on here with me :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Bet you are now looking in all the medical books for how to recover quicker :exclamation:

Welcome to the sick club

Sorry to here that Neil hope you recover soon

I have been on the sick since March 07 and board silly

i hope you get better soon mate,
best regards :wink:

good luck with it neil. at least you can give us some good gossip of whats going on over there. :wink:

well just got home have an appointment at the doctors 8am wed morning hopefully get the ball rolling and get back asap

Get well soon babe :smiley: just enjoy the rest. :wink:

Get it sorted asap. A very good friend of mine died of one earlier this year.

wow…talk about filling you with confidence :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

best of luck…i was off sick for 2 months this summer myself.
back now and it’s like i never left.

I was just trying to make the point that hernias can be serious and shouldn’t be lightly over looked or left for another day/month/year, but it seems the OP is thankfully aware of that.

well have been to the docs and he says 4 to 6 mths for op on nhs or next week privately cost £1k to £2k waiting to hear from kbr and ins company

Stuh has plenty of dosh neil, tell him hes paying :laughing: Hope you get well soon How manys that in the sick club then?
Me+?

bet the kbr medic said ‘’ drink more water!!!’

take care mate,

just had a lad come back off medical thru houston, he said they had 400 drivers goin thru the system with him.

i hope they hurry up the exchange rate adds another £1000 tax free to my pay :smiley: :smiley:

can i have your job while your off?? :slight_smile:

well off to the consultant in the morning hopefully have op next week.had the good news from insurance company thye are paying for all the medical bills. :smiley: :smiley:

they are also paying me $1200 a week which at the moment is just over £800 a week tax free. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Some good news then

When my son had his it was less than 4 weeks for the op but he was 9 weeks old at the time

I am still on the sick JB you joined me think I am the longest ( March 07 )
Then Steve biggus Sept 07 not sure who follows that

Don’t forget me I’ve been on the sick now since March as well :frowning: Good luck Neil don’t lift anything too heavy tell you what I’ll carry your wallet :smiley: :smiley: :wink: