Bookers

Looks like Stobarts are going to end up doing a hatchet job at Bookers just like they done to Tesco drivers.
Is there no stopping the green plague?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tesco own Stobart lol not other way around.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JaxDemon:

Erm, no they don’t own Stobarts :unamused: :unamused:

Tesco doesn’t own stobarts and stobarts doesn’t own Tesco. They are two companies that have a contract with one another.

JaxDemon:

Don’t think they do mate with respect?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big changes within our lot at the minute, we used to own Bookers (another name change is coming) and the rumour mill is suggesting the Yanks might have a little sniff around again!

The first hit on Google…

DAF95XF:
Esken - Wikipedia
The first hit on Google…

That’s everything apart from the road transport side of the business. That was spun off into a seperate company a while ago.

geoffthemeff:

JaxDemon:

I could be wrong but I was told that Tesco where trying to change the contract of some Stobart drivers who where on really good money (50k) and the drivers refused to sign the new contract due to wage cuts. Also heard Tesco bailed out Stobarts twice.

I’d have to look more into it. But either way ■■■■ company to work for everyone says lol.

Tesco and Stobart have never been anything but customer and supplier. A fund called Invesco has been a big shareholder in Stobart so lots of people put 2 and 2 together and came up with 10, Invesco isn’t anything to do with Tesco

A very good friend of mine works for Bookers on the Londis job near Pontefract. Talking to him today, and according to their lot, it’s not a buy out, it’s a “merger.” Not according to the news. A £3 billion plus cheque is hardly a merger.

Anyhow, he’s now hoping for redundancy out of it, and wants his name at the top of the list as he hates it.

Ken.

JaxDemon:

geoffthemeff:

JaxDemon:

I could be wrong but I was told that Tesco where trying to change the contract of some Stobart drivers who where on really good money (50k) and the drivers refused to sign the new contract due to wage cuts. Also heard Tesco bailed out Stobarts twice.

I’d have to look more into it. But either way [zb] company to work for everyone says lol.

I’m not the fountain of knowledge on this but I do know if you ask any ex Tesco what happened when Stobarts came in they’ll tell you they were slowly but surely [zb] over. I think the final thing was everyone had to re apply for there job of course at a reduced rate more work contract.
Tesco were a lot like Booker great job good money good conditions. Stobarts will apply the same tactics. I’ll be long gone by then.

geoffthemeff:

JaxDemon:

geoffthemeff:

JaxDemon:

I’d have to look more into it. But either way [zb] company to work for everyone says lol.

I’m not the fountain of knowledge on this but I do know if you ask any ex Tesco what happened when Stobarts came in they’ll tell you they were slowly but surely [zb] over. I think the final thing was everyone had to re apply for there job of course at a reduced rate more work contract.
Tesco were a lot like Booker great job good money good conditions. Stobarts will apply the same tactics. I’ll be long gone by then.

Might have been that way round then with Stobart changing the contract. Was 2 years ago mind.

But typical Stobarts don’t wanna pay the money just make sure the share holders are looked after with huge profits.

geoffthemeff:

JaxDemon:

geoffthemeff:

JaxDemon:

And just to clarify my position I despise Tesco and even more so now.
The years I spent literally a prisoner at Tesco RDC’s the amount of times I had to night out on a Friday instead of getting home to my family and my own bed after being stuck in one of them for hour after hour and being spoken to and treated like an animal. I have never shopped at Tesco and never will.
This isn’t good for consumers either or farmers or suppliers in my opinion as Tesco gains a stranglehold they just use more leverage and unscrupulous tactics at the expense and detriment of your smaller operations.
And I done 2 days on an agency for Stobarts out of Warrington probably nearly 20 years ago the experience still haunts me.
■■■■ them both.[emoji1589]

geoffthemeff:
The years I spent literally a prisoner at Tesco RDC’s the amount of times I had to night out on a Friday instead of getting home to my family and my own bed after being stuck in one of them for hour after hour and being spoken to and treated like an animal. I have never shopped at Tesco and never will.
This isn’t good for consumers either or farmers or suppliers in my opinion as Tesco gains a stranglehold they just use more leverage and unscrupulous tactics at the expense and detriment of your smaller operations.
And I done 2 days on an agency for Stobarts out of Warrington probably nearly 20 years ago the experience still haunts me.
[zb] them both.[emoji1589]

Lol I believe my new work place delivers to them often so I’ll be having the joys of being at the rdcs. I’ve heard they make you wait in some canteen/room.

JaxDemon:

geoffthemeff:
[zb] them both.[emoji1589]

Lol I believe my new work place delivers to them often so I’ll be having the joys of being at the rdcs. I’ve heard they make you wait in some canteen/room.

Lot different now mate it was horrendous!. But I’ll never forgive them and they certainly don’t get my money.