Just out of interest

Why the hatred for Tesco’s and not Sainsburys, Asda, Morrisons etc?

Probably two reasons:

1. They’re the biggest and most successful supermarket chain in the UK.

2. They’re associated with Stobarts.

Personally I don’t have any dislike for any of them, life’s too short.

Its not just tesco have a browse through this forum theres hatred for lots of things.
Stobart
Scania
Iveco
Stobart
Eastern europeans
Norberts
The EU
The government
Vosa
Stobart
The labour party
Tipper drivers
Car drivers
Stobart
Automated gearboxes
Driver cpc
London
RDCs
Audi/bmw drivers
Oh did i mention stobarts

Face it lorry drivers are a much on moaning old women. :smiley:

There’s always something to moan about, it’s just Tesco and Stobart drivers don’t do themselves any favours most of the time. Make it easy for Ridicule.
And as for the Trucks n trailers show well, reversing between two piles of dirt and the music gets all exciting, oh come on, my 9 year old steers a truck better and straighter than that so called professional outfit that’s in green.
Is a funny watch, if only to spot mistakes.

tesco as a company have zero honour and plenty of deceit. for example, they put all those recycling facilities in their car parks to make it easier for customers to recycle. codswallop! they sell the stuff but they dont say that in their adverts do they? they try and make themselves look all saintly but everything is about profits. fair enough all companies are trying to increase their profits but they dont all go out of their way to lie while doing it

kr79:
Its not just tesco have a browse through this forum theres hatred for lots of things.
Stobart
Scania
Iveco
Stobart
Eastern europeans
Norberts
The EU
The government
Vosa
Stobart
The labour party
Tipper drivers
Car drivers
Stobart
Automated gearboxes
Driver cpc
London
RDCs
Audi/bmw drivers
Oh did i mention stobarts

Face it lorry drivers are a much on moaning old women. :smiley:

You forgot:

Umbrella
Axor
Actros
RDCs
Portacabins
Didcot
Agencies
<£10ph
Buttons
Badges
Buckles
Blue Peter
Lampeter
My Peter
Operation Stack
Big Smoke

Truvelo.gif
Tricky Speed Cameras

kermit.jpg
Muppets

Overflowing ash tray.jpg
Overfull Ashtrays

Left Sandwiches.jpg
Mouldy Sandwiches

…and of course 84 hour weeks. :unamused:

I reckon it’s because Tesco were the first to start taking the ■■■■ with waiting times at RDC’s back in the mid to late 90’s.
Well, them and Kwik Save. And since Kwik Save has gone west all hatred is focused on Tesco.

I like tesco, I use it for food shopping and nothing else. If I want insurance I go to an insurance company, if I want a mobile phone I go to a mobile phone company.

So they are pendantic and keep you waiting, so what get over it all companies do now.

my own personal world record times in RDC waiting, please feel free to add…

ASDA (chepstow) 7hours 45 minutes ( so long they had to provide me with a meal!)
WOOLWORTHS (swindon) 6 hours 30 minutes
SAFEWAY ( cribbs causeway)7 hours
BOOTS (nottingham) 7 hours 15 minutes

and my favourite…

HAYS DISTRIBUTION( paris) 26 hours

I don’t just hate Tesco - I hate ALL supermarkets and all that they inflict on us :wink: :wink:

fredthered:
I don’t just hate Tesco - I hate ALL supermarkets and all that they inflict on us :wink: :wink:

+1

Why IS it then that supply wagons get kept waiting so long compared to a hated yard’s own returning drivers?

It’s not like there is a queue of other depositing wagons all the time? :confused:

It’s nothing to do with waiting times for me tbh. I’m hourly paid so why should I care if they insist on increasing my wage packet?

No, what I absolutely despise about Tescos is the way they treat their suppliers. I hate the way they’ve forced many small companies to the wall and many workers on the scrapheap by dictating what THEY will pay to their suppliers and constantly forcing down the price they pay said suppliers. Who do you think pays for their “buy one get one free” campaigns? It sure as ■■■■ aint Tesco, it’s the poor supplier who once again shoulders that burden.

Tesco are by no means alone in sharp business practices, but they are by far the worst.

I wish the directors and sharp suited spivs that run the organisation nothing but bad luck and misery. :imp:

Op, hope that’s cleared that up for you! :smiley:

the maoster:
It’s nothing to do with waiting times for me tbh. I’m hourly paid so why should I care if they insist on increasing my wage packet?

No, what I absolutely despise about Tescos is the way they treat their suppliers. I hate the way they’ve forced many small companies to the wall and many workers on the scrapheap by dictating what THEY will pay to their suppliers and constantly forcing down the price they pay said suppliers. Who do you think pays for their “buy one get one free” campaigns? It sure as [zb] aint Tesco, it’s the poor supplier who once again shoulders that burden.

Tesco are by no means alone in sharp business practices, but they are by far the worst.

I wish the directors and sharp suited spivs that run the organisation nothing but bad luck and misery. :imp:

+1

the maoster:

No, what I absolutely despise about Tescos is the way they treat their suppliers. I hate the way they’ve forced many small companies to the wall and many workers on the scrapheap by dictating what THEY will pay to their suppliers and constantly forcing down the price they pay said suppliers. Who do you think pays for their “buy one get one free” campaigns? It sure as [zb] aint Tesco, it’s the poor supplier who once again shoulders that burden.

Definitely a plus 1 from me!!

And also for the truthfulness that was stated on paragraph 3, they are not the only ones too! They all practice the same shyster tatics business model!

C

How’s the job goin OP?? You out on the road yet?? I noticed a few new lads in the drivers room this mornin.

I’m in my 3rd week now, just starting to get used to all the tesco way of doin things, once you get used to all that, the jobs a good’un

selby newcomer:
How’s the job goin OP?? You out on the road yet?? I noticed a few new lads in the drivers room this mornin.

I’m in my 3rd week now, just starting to get used to all the tesco way of doin things, once you get used to all that, the jobs a good’un

Yep, out on the road now, did that one run with the assessor yesterday and one on my own and now on the rota - nights :sunglasses:
The Tesco way is some getting used to, but ill get there :laughing:

Woolworths Swindon. What a place that was. It had a reputation.Why was is so bad there.You could be there all day or more.