Blocked roads and parking restrictions

Delivering in london to find the road i want is one way and blocked down the end. The only way out is too small foe a hgv. I could reverse out onto a 4 way cross roads or 3pt turn and drive out with hazards. Long acre and after langley street then the underground the road is blocked.

Also found if you have one parking ticket showing they wont ticket you again… :wink: considering i’ve done the 3 stores and now spent over an hour on the pavement… :smiley:

Dented:
Also found if you have one parking ticket showing they wont ticket you again… :wink: considering i’ve done the 3 stores and now spent over an hour on the pavement… :smiley:

Worked for me, I did use to remove the ticket until once I couldnt be bothered and from then no tickets, maybe worth putting a false ticket on the screen and they MIGHT think twice :wink:

PinkLadyTrucker:
Worked for me, I did use to remove the ticket until once I couldnt be bothered and from then no tickets, maybe worth putting a false ticket on the screen and they MIGHT think twice :wink:

Traffic wardens really aren’t that stupid they check the date and time on them and they also know what thier own tickets look like. They can also give you more than one ticket if they have reason to believe that you have had the opportunity to move the vehicle to a suitable place.

What if you cover your tax disc? Not 100% sure but dont they need a number or a bit of info from it?

But how can you win you’re doing a store delivery there is no adequate loading area, you’re in the back of the wagon and can do nothing.

They don’t need it but then the dvla could come and clamp you.

You can’t win is the simple answer, you can unload in parking bays and on double and single yellow lines providing that a loading ban isn’t in force. Best you can do is politely explain the situation to to warden if spot him/her and unless your causing a huge problem you’ll probably be allowed to finish unloading.

once you have a ticket you cant be given another 1 just because you might have had a chance to move it, also the dvla wont come and clamp you for a parking offence, what would a parking offence have to do with the dvla■■?

Yes you can issue more than one ticket to a vehicle. DVLA would come and clamp you for not displaying a valid tax disc

caz:
Yes you can issue more than one ticket to a vehicle. DVLA would come and clamp you for not displaying a valid tax disc

if i parked on the pavement somewhere and left it there all day, i can only get 1 ticket per day for that

caz:

But they would need to phone the dvla which would give you time to finish the delivery :laughing: How about unscrewing your regi aswell :grimacing:

selby newcomer:

caz:

if i parked on the pavement somewhere and left it there all day, i can only get 1 ticket per day for that

alright whatever love. Obviously you know better

But they would need to phone the dvla which would give you time to finish the delivery :laughing: How about unscrewing your regi aswell :grimacing:

nah the dvla guy comes round by chance and most wardends couldn’t actually give a ■■■■ about your tax. If you took you plates off I’m sure the rozzers would be there before the traffic warden was. Money innit.

caz:

selby newcomer:

caz:

alright whatever love. Obviously you know better

nah the dvla guy comes round by chance and most wardends couldn’t actually give a [zb] about your tax. If you took you plates off I’m sure the rozzers would be there before the traffic warden was. Money innit.

well how can you get more than 1 ticket per day for the same offence■■? please explain

You know they nick you by camera these days :angry: :angry: . So the chances are you have
some tickets coming in the post soon .

I parked on double yellow lines on Monday so i could drop my time sheet off at the agency. Got back to the truck just a couple of minutes later and a traffic warden had sprung from nowhere (i had a good look round for any before parking)

He asked where i was delivering to, and i just explained to him that i had only been a few mins and i was going now. He didn’t look or sound happy but didn’t give me a ticket tho :smiley: :open_mouth:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

well how can you get more than 1 ticket per day for the same offence■■? please explain

1 you’ve been seen looking at the ticket you’ve had the opportunity to move you haven’t
2 you’re causing traffic problems and have been for more than x hours. In bedford it’s 3

I was asked once, many years ago now, to cough up for a parking ticket I collected in the City of London. As I was doing the job I’d been employed to do I suggested they think again. Never been asked since.