Parking tickets in london

Blimey, our little company has picked up three parking tickets in london in the last 30 days! are they having a purge or is it just my turn, got one for stopping for 60 seconds ! getting outragous, im looking for ward to jan next year, when we can get our own back…!

Just appeal them all, the wardens will often not understand the loading restrictions or will slap one on when really common sense should give you a bit of leeway. I think they have to issue a certain number, doesn’t seem to matter if they are wrong or not, just doing the numbers.

Success rate for appeals is surprisingly good as long as you are accurate with facts and reasoning.

Think they are all just by camera and sent pics and fine, did write and explain, still had to pay?.. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I manage 21 vans doing multidrop in London, spent just over thirty thousand pounds on tickets last year and that was a big improvement on the year before. It’s part of the job, you just have to accept it and include it in your budget when pricing jobs. A lot of our drivers do the same route every day and get to know their local wardens which really does help. Most, (yes over 50%), are pretty decent and will give proper advice when asked, some even let you get away with parking a bit naughty if they know you or the vehicle, others find it hard to adjust since leaving the ■■■■ party’s security wing.

I hate to say it but without them and/or the cameras people, (me included), would park anywhere and nothing would move.

By the way 8wheels is spot on, appeal them all. Show timed and dated p.o.d’s for doing the drop, explain that there was no other choice quoting lack of loading areas in surrounding roads and give road names. You need to show that you tried you hardest by couldn’t avoid stopping there, don’t use the word parked, use stopped to load or unload, there’s a difference.
Also check the registration number on the ticket and the reason for it being issued. It’s not often they’re wrong, (I’ve seen six out of a few hundred), but it’s worth a try. If the reason is wrong them appeal it on that basis alone, if the reg is wrong bin it, they’ll go after the poor sod who’s reg it is.