Parking/Unloading Question

Where do you stand if you’re unloading on a bay but your lorry is long enough to overhang a dropped kerb or pavement? We deliver in Brewery Road, London (near Kings Cross) and I’ve been with a driver who nearly got a ticket for doing the above. Traffic warden let it go when we showed him how large/heavy the pallets are (said we should push them up the dropped kerb or company should send shorter lorries). It’s not our fault if the company wont buy an 18tonner.

Bill the customer for the Ticket :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You must make it clear to your boss that you will not cause an obstruction if it means you are responsible for a ticket - get that in writing

It is then up to your boss to inform the customer that they need to accept the ticket if your boss wants to do that

the french would’nt take all the ■■■■ from london,they would boycott the place.
nobody wants lorrys coming down their road but they want their stuff.

Happens all the time with some of the places we go, so longs we have done everything in out power to make it as legal as possible the client/ company will pay the ticket.
I for one don’t even acknowledge I have been ticketed, winds the parking attendants right up, I’m sure some of them want to feel authoritarian when disciplining us mere mortals

Got a ticket the other week the conversation went something like this

You can’t park there
Look mate you’ve got your job to do I’ve got mine. There’s a big screen at the front now off you pop and do yours. I’ll be gone in 5 min
You can’t park there
Off you pop
You can’t park there
(Just carried on and did my delivery, by the time I got out of the back there was two of them)

When I had finished I just took the ticket from under the wiper got in and drove off.

Work pay our tickets without even questioning them

You can be on the pavement for loading / unloading so long as the lorry is attended as for the dropped kerb your buggered, can’t block it at all.

We get them everyday.
Many of our drops are before the 10am unloading time and take longer than the 20/40 min limited time to unload.
They get to know what time we turn up and wait around the corner to ticket us.

I once got a ticket doing a drop around Piccadilly Circus at some apartment blocks being renovated. I pulled in at the services at the end of the M4 and rang the site forman up and he told me when I got to the site,pull up across the road and he would come down to stop the traffic to allow me in.
I pulled up just outside the apartments where he told me to and rang him(admittedly I was on double reds but there was no where else to park and I had to wait for the gates to the site to open) he said he would be 2 mins which he was. In them 2 mins some jobs worth had pulled up and started to write a ticket! :imp:
I got out of the cab and said," What you doing?" He said," You can’t park there" I explained the situation,pointing out the scaffolding,builders,noise of the site where I was tipping whilst showing him the load on the trailer and telling him the site Forman had to come down to stop the traffic," I don’t care,you still can’t park there!" My reply was," Ok you jumped up c–t! Can you tell me what I’m supposed to do then?!" :imp: :unamused: his reply was," You should just drive up the road,find somewhere you can turn around and drive back and keep doing that until you can get onto site" I told him to get f----d I’m driving a 44 tonne artic not a smart car and I’m in London not Milton Keynes! :unamused: We billed the site for the ticket :smiley:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
I once got a ticket doing a drop around Piccadilly Circus at some apartment blocks being renovated. I pulled in at the services at the end of the M4 and rang the site forman up and he told me when I got to the site,pull up across the road and he would come down to stop the traffic to allow me in.
I pulled up just outside the apartments where he told me to and rang him(admittedly I was on double reds but there was no where else to park and I had to wait for the gates to the site to open) he said he would be 2 mins which he was. In them 2 mins some jobs worth had pulled up and started to write a ticket! :imp:
I got out of the cab and said," What you doing?" He said," You can’t park there" I explained the situation,pointing out the scaffolding,builders,noise of the site where I was tipping whilst showing him the load on the trailer and telling him the site Forman had to come down to stop the traffic," I don’t care,you still can’t park there!" My reply was," Ok you jumped up c–t! Can you tell me what I’m supposed to do then?!" :imp: :unamused: his reply was," You should just drive up the road,find somewhere you can turn around and drive back and keep doing that until you can get onto site" I told him to get f----d I’m driving a 44 tonne artic not a smart car and I’m in London not Milton Keynes! :unamused: We billed the site for the ticket :smiley:

Calm down.

Never pay for parking tickets work gets them and then they contest them all and win most.

Dafman:
Never pay for parking tickets work gets them and then they contest them all and win most.

Better than our place. Ticket goes to Ryder hire, Ryder charge £20 to send it to our office, office pays the ticket, then charges you for the ticket plus the £20 Ryder charge. One lads £60 fine ended up being £140 because it took 3 weeks to turn up so he missed the 14 day half fee period

newey91:

Dafman:

Better than our place. Ticket goes to Ryder hire, Ryder charge £20 to send it to our office, office pays the ticket, then charges you for the ticket plus the £20 Ryder charge. One lads £60 fine ended up being £140 because it took 3 weeks to turn up so he missed the 14 day half fee period

If you’re willing to put up with it then you deserve all you get.

I’ve driven round the block for 50 mins once while waiting for a call to say tip it/bring it back.
All the while the customer was hopping and waving from the pavement!
If I didn’t do this, i’d be coughing up myself.
Happened once, not again!