Black kenworth!

Good Morning Boys and Girls…

The old Black K/W has been mentioned on “Another Site”.

Has any-one seen it ?

Cheers,

NIALL.

The other day I saw an eight legged Mercedes Actros? with a roll off box and a crane up behind the cab.Only unusal because it was coming out of NYC on the Long Island Expressway.It had Polish plates :unamused: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

for those of you who just have to go see or drive a yank tank, this company as one sitting in the driveway to there depot:

Mainline Haulage Ltd
Neachells Park Distribution Centre, Neachells Lane, Willenhall, West Midlands WV13 3RR

if memory serves its a black peterbilt but can’t be certain.
could also be looking for drivers?.

:open_mouth: Just spotted THE BLACK KENWORTH It’s up for sale!
The advert reads:
1979 Kenworth W900A 400 Big Cam, Jake brake, 13 speed, tipping gear, night heater, alloy wheels, 36inch sleeper, test exempt, CB Radio, CD Player, as featured in Trucking mag Jan '05, £16,500 Tel 07*****62 Gloucester.

Tramper:
:shock: Just spotted THE BLACK KENWORTH It’s up for sale!
The advert reads:
1979 Kenworth W900A 400 Big Cam, Jake brake, 13 speed, tipping gear, night heater, alloy wheels, 36inch sleeper, test exempt, CB Radio, CD Player, as featured in Trucking mag Jan '05, £16,500 Tel 07*****62 Gloucester.

Are you planning on adding it to your fleet tramper, would look nice parked up next to your peterbuilt :smiley:

Semtex:
Are you planning on adding it to your fleet tramper, would look nice parked up next to your peterbuilt :smiley:

Your right, It would look great, but no, it’s not for me, not at £16,500 anyway.
The Pete is 2ft longer than any of my European units, and with the lowboy trailer, its a REAL squeeze to get out of our yard, so that W900A would be impossible. It would also be over lenght for the road with a 46ft tautliner too, so no, its not going to become part of my fleet.
I just thought that as so much interest has been shown in it, the fact that it is up for sale may be worthy of a post on here.

As this post is nearly 2 years old and yet NO ONE has managed to post a picture of the elusive Black Kenworth, I thought I would post these.
I spotted this english reg in the Centre Routier at Le Mans a few weeks back

TheBear:
As this post is nearly 2 years old and yet NO ONE has managed to post a picture of the elusive Black Kenworth

Crappy scan of the advert, but this is THE elusive BLACK KENWORTH

More Piccy’s please Tramper :sunglasses: P/M me with the mobile number :exclamation:

Nice pics as well Bear.

Oh… and …by…the…way…do…we have…to…use…dots…now…?

DOTS…ARE…ACE… :smiling_imp:

The Elusive Black Kenworth Rules :sunglasses:

I’ve only got the one picture I’m affraid, and thats been scanned from the Magazine it’s advertised in. However,I did speak to the guy who owns the truck, he’s packing up as an O/D, hence the sale.
Niall, you have a PM. :smiley:

No P/M came through Tramper - try again.

What Mag was the K/W advertised in ?

Cheers,

(No Dots Allowed :smiling_imp: )

NIALL.

Elusiveness Is Ace :exclamation:

That advert was in the latest copy of Heritage Commercials.

I have a picture of the elusive Yank Tank when it was at CCMS @ Gaydon last June. I have to say it was looking its age and was definitely not dressed to impress when I saw it.

Niall, you have Mail! Honest! :laughing:

Got it Tramper :exclamation:

Cheers,

NIALL.

For the last 2 days I have seen a black bonetted Kenworth pulling a flat trailer.

Does anyone know where it’s from ?
I think it may be from Liverpool.
I saw it at Junction 2 of the M5.

I don’t think I was seeing things, but the film ’ Duel ’ sprang to mind.

Fair play to the driver for using this rig, but i would hate to see his fuel bill and wonder where he gets his spares from.

Have you seen it ■■?

It could be from Liverpool. I parked up in front of it at Canada Dock Liverpool on Thurs morn. It doesn’t look as good close up mind you :wink:

Poor guy :frowning: fancy having to drive a pile of junk like that when there are all those far superior trucks there :laughing:

strange that i’ve seen a black kenworth truck this week pulling a flatbed trailer which had on it two big pieces of round steel which were rusty ,a friend of mine has also seen it with the same load on a different day, but i saw it on the a1m at gateshead heading south at approx 9.30.am got to be the same truck surely. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Don’t know if it is the same one, but i think i saw ablack Kenworth this Friday gone, on the M4 near Newport. About 5pm, without a trailer.

The Strange Black Kenworth :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

You know , I sometimes see a Scania … I do not ask questions as to who owns this vehicle, because although rare, it’s a damm truck, I don’t doubt that there are quite a few 'Black Kenworths" in the UK, it’s just that someone has noticed one this week. I know a guy in Nothamptonshire who owns and runs two white Kenworths. It is not that strange surely.

I know, I know, … This may seem sarcastic of me, but what is so odd about seeing a Black Kenworth and how does this concern the future of all of you.

It;s a Truck !!! now if you had seen or been asking about a ‘Dalek’ or some strange alien thingy I could understand the thread here. :sunglasses: