Birchanger msa

Pulled in on Thursday for the first and last time. Only in for a short time to grab a cuppa and use toilet only to come back to truck to find simpson bros had parked his truck right infront of me along the kerb side :imp: . I drive a car transporter so i need just that little bit extra room to get out of them extra small parking bays (designed by a car driver). Went looking for him but like looking for needle in a haystack, after an hour he comes back to the delight of my tongue, he said go [zb] yourself and walked away, i couldn’t believe it he obviously only give a ■■■■ about himself and nobody else, I dont know what you lads and lasses think but why do we put up with all the hassle we get.

That sounds a bit like trucking over here in America, seems like 90% + don’t give a monkies uncle about blocking another driver in, they look out for themselves and no other bugger.
I pull wiggle wagons ( 2, 28’ trailers attached with a convertor dolly behind a single axle Volvo VN ] Most times while pulling these wagons we avoid truckstops / rest area’s ETC. because once your in, the only way to get out is to drive straight out, yes some can reverse them, but as soon as the convertor dolly hit’s a bump, away the trailers go in opposite directions. You would be amazed at how many drivers find it funny to block us in, plus a lot look down there nose at us, because we are union. Plus call us , " [zb] freight haulers ) Wonder what they have in their trailers if it’s not freight?
All our loads are LTL, less than truckload, A pallet for here a pallet for there .and on and on. We pick our trailers up at what they call a break bulk, approx: 200 plus dock doors at some, then we haul them to either another break bulk, where they can go behind another tractor and on to the final destination. In my case I take them to and from my home depot.

So things are not much different in UK to the attitude of some drivers in America, most of the ones that are like that, are what we call the , " New Breed ". fresh out of truck driving school, yes we all have to start somewhere, but why do they have to be an [zb] about it.

Cheers and keep the dirty side down. Ken

If it needs stars or @s to get 'round the censor, it’s not allowed. L. :wink:

If he’d said that to me, he would have been eating through a straw for a few days!!!