BILLY HOLLAND

About 10 years ago spent a weekend in roye truckstop with a guy by the name of billy holland or as he told me he was also known as baghdad billy think he was ex astrans and lived up berwick upon tweed area, anybody know this guy■■?

Removed personal attack

I KNOW BILLY HOLLAND NOT SEEN HIM FOR AWHILE;LAST TIME I SEEN HIM HE WAS IN CHERBOURG HE WAS WORKING AT THE TIME FOR BERWICK SHELLFISH BERWICK N YES HE COMES FROM THAT AREA GUYS’

ROCKY HOLLAND:
I KNOW BILLY HOLLAND NOT SEEN HIM FOR AWHILE;LAST TIME I SEEN HIM HE WAS IN CHERBOURG HE WAS WORKING AT THE TIME FOR BERWICK SHELLFISH BERWICK N YES HE COMES FROM THAT AREA GUYS’

If its the same Billy Holland who worked at MTS Fauldhouse then i remember him aswell, the one i knew was from that area. Oh and think i remember some middle east stories told aswell!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Billy tripped over a chain on the boat and hurt his leg quite badly. Got himself a nice claim and is enjoying his retirement. By the way, lots of his stories had more than a basis of truth in them but his adage would be that there is no point spoiling a good story by sticking exactly to the truth. :grimacing:

I spoke to Billy last night and he’s going to look in on the site.

iam billy holland and in reply to your various comments,
(a) like a lot of drivers that worked a full day and most of the night we did need a shower but it was not always available, sure we went over the hrs abroad but that was a chance you took at your on risk when you were going home after 6 weeks abroad.
(b) as for the porky pies did these drivers go to the middle east ? if not how would they no that they were, I have sat in many transport cafes listening to drivers boasting of driving to the middle east and by there talk you new they had never been there and instead of judging the behind there back i challenged them to there face.
(c) reference coca cola cowboys i had a brief mention in the book.
(D)with regards to Brittany ferries i recieved very little cash a they had refused to sign up to the new Geneva convention they stood by the old rules that said that the sum paid was very small so if it went to court i would have lost and as they agreed a sum slighly over this sum i had to take it but by the time i paid my sick pay back to the nhs and other nhs costs i recieved very little, so i would any driver travelling with this ferry to take out the private insuranc available in the booking in office

bagdad billy

hey billy dont know if youl remember me a few years ago in the cherbourg terminal you had a run in with a scotch guy :blush: over the value of a euro against the pound lol i wasnt the guy but i was his mate stood drinking with him.take care enjoy your retirement your another of the old school off the road not many of us left.ps i worked for ross international doing the fish at the time the above happened’

Hi Billy, did you ever drive for Frank White■■? regards Jamie.

yes jamie i worked for frank aswell as taffy davis and A-line doing the middle east
I always remember frank as a very fair boss. i now have a house on the beach in turkey were i spend my time in the winter because of the arthritus caused by my acciden on the ferry,

Hi, are you the Billy, when working for Frank White recovered the trailer after Hammie had the accident in the tunnel near tabriz and was later stuck at Eliskirt. If so i was the driver who brought new batteries for your truck from Teheran. regards Jamie.

A Scot lost in the Valley’s.

no i wasnt the driver then i think it was either georde hope or georde scott, in reply to other questions yes i worked for MTS, and rocky I also remember having a drink and chat to you in cherbourgh

Billy, your name rings a bell from mts, you and a friend both went there, cant for the life of me remember his name, spent a weekend with him and his wife in macon, hell of a nice couple, after that i met him somewhere and he was on for a ferrymaster subbie from teesport, do you know what he is doing now, they were both good company and made a long weekend drift by…

LRM

bionic:
Billy tripped over a chain on the boat and hurt his leg quite badly. Got himself a nice claim and is enjoying his retirement. By the way, lots of his stories had more than a basis of truth in them but his adage would be that there is no point spoiling a good story by sticking exactly to the truth. :grimacing:

Listen and learn, as I said he knows! :sunglasses: