Vijore middle east transport

Just seen this , i know been posted for a while but if anyone is interested the ERF euro in the red white and blue reg PDF at beginning of forum was driven by my farther Pete Robson , it had a 335 ■■■■■■■ engine in it i actually recognized it in the post after reading about the passenger seat being removed which he did prior to his trip to Pakistan when he took spare parts for a boat laid up in Karachi , unfortuanatly my farther pete passed away yesterday 1st april and I had been going through photos, I know he had done about 15 bagdad trips in the truck as well as several turkey Afghanistan and saudi etc trips , although only young at time I spent many nights in this truck,

hiya…this is a hard one. we usually welcome people onto truck net with a big smile. after telling us your sad
new about your dad things will be a little somber…rip driver. i’d think you’ve earned a rest, i would think its maybe
to early it usually is.
John

Your quite right John, it’s always sad to hear of the passing away of another driver even though we probably never did meet them. What is just as sad is that Pete Robson probably had loads of old interesting stories to share which unless he has passed on to his family then they will now be lost forever, lets hope that factoryaprilia can share some of his dads old photos with us all.
I am sure that most of us on here would wish to send The Robson Family our deepest condolences.

Regards Steve.

mushroomman:

zzarbean:

mushroomman:
Dear Mr Bean
I have been thinking about this (no not all the time since Tue April 21 2009 :laughing: )
The guy who I thought was called Ashley, was like you said actually called Andrew and I think that his surname was Hutchins.
Yes that looks like the Dave who I was thinking of in Brookies photo, he was quite a funny bloke and good to run with. I have just remebered that when we arrived in Rotterdam to get the North Sea Ferry home the ship The Norland had been commandeered by the Royal Navy and was on it’s way to The Falklands Islands. We ended up on an old Greek Freighter with a Greek crew who spoke very little English. It was a really bad crossing as the ship had no stabilisers and it was at the end of January, the cheap duty free was about the highlight of the crossing.
:cry:

Regards Steve.

Dear Mr Mushroomman let me shine some light on this for you… Yeh I know it’s been a while but they’ve changed my tablets and now THINK I’m safe to be allowed out on my own.
The army guy was Andrew Ashley
Dave as you say a top bloke and ideal running partner
Hutchings? You may be thinking of Norman Hutchinson (Hutch) known to all who knew Vicks although he didn’t go across the water until about 1983.

There’s obviously more I could reminisce but an open forum maybe isn’t the best place to do so, drop me a PM or e-mail if you wish.

Hello {Z.B} sorry for the slight delay but did Dave or Andrew ever mention to you about The Blue Tablets :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , he was a good laarf was our Dave.

I have been sorting through old photos that the old man left , there is a pic of the vijore erf that is at start of thread where it is parked up in pakistan , the others are some of the trucks he drove to saudi , I have also included a merc 1924 that was one of three he had and used to park in oldacres yard in bishops cleeve Cheltenham.

factoryaprilia:
I have been sorting through old photos that the old man left , there is a pic of the vijore erf that is at start of thread where it is parked up in pakistan , the others are some of the trucks he drove to saudi , I have also included a merc 1924 that was one of three he had and used to park in oldacres yard in bishops cleeve Cheltenham.

Hi Buddy, I was so sorry to hear the tragic news of the passing of your father! He and I were friends many years ago and well I remember him parking the trucks in Oldacres as did I. Chris Beal and Dave Kear drove for him doing Italy when the round trip rate was about £350 .I was also a friend of your Aunt Joan as we went to Gotherington youth club together

Hi Noel

yes I remember you well, I can actually still picture your face from days of the bright green volvo F88 [ i was about 10 then and now 47 ] , and I believe you work for Ralph Davis who we used to borrow a truck from to take a float from the st pauls Maternity hospital during the carnival when it was working out of Marly garages in shurdington, I did contemplate coming to see you at one time and using the old mans name to see if I could get a job at Ralph davis but never got around to it, thanks for reminding me the names dave and chris as I couldn’t remember the last names and it was bugging me , it was very odd seeing the red white and blue ERF at start of thread as I was looking for something else when the image came up , Dad did like to talk about the old days and the trucks , I never got into the driving full time as it was recession time when did my HGV 1 and had a good job as a joiner until i was 21 and ended up staying in the trade but do regret it however I do not think that driving is as good as in the 70s and 80s with all the rules and regs now tachos etc .

hope your well

regards Adrian

Bumped up for A-J. Robert :slight_smile:

truckerash:
Been digging through my pic collection and found these; Hope they are of interest…
I was sent them by Phil Read. He said the driver was KEITH BURSON, but I can’t remember which truck Keith was driving.
Anyone know Keith, or give any more details on these pics?

This pic taken at Zeebrugge

…well I think the first picture was made somewhere in germany. you can see on the right side a sign “DB” which means DEUTSCHE BUNDESBAHN and above a sign with “Güterabfertigung”. Maybe somewhere at a “Kombiterminal”?

Regards Franz

Hi zzarbean. I remember a bit in the magazines about a REVERANT who held a class one working casual with EV there was an article in the Sunday Post about him as well. Also about that time there was a chap was a regular contributor to the letters page in Commercial Motor who also was a Vicks driver. Some useless rubbish I know!!! but there you are. Eddie.

Hi

Sorry to trouble you, My uncle was Richard Emery, and my father is Ray Emery, Ex Richard Read and Ross Roadways,

My cousin is Robert Emery of Downtons Glos, could you please get in touch reference our Richard, I believe you would have known him, he drove for Richard Read and Vijore of Gloucester do you have any pictures of Rich, dad would love to see them as we were only looking for pictures of Richard this week end, I think he was in the picture with Keith

hope you can help please.

many thanks

Mark R Emery

franzneufra:

truckerash:
Been digging through my pic collection and found these; Hope they are of interest…
I was sent them by Phil Read. He said the driver was KEITH BURSON, but I can’t remember which truck Keith was driving.
Anyone know Keith, or give any more details on these pics?

This pic taken at Zeebrugge

…well I think the first picture was made somewhere in germany. you can see on the right side a sign “DB” which means DEUTSCHE BUNDESBAHN and above a sign with “Güterabfertigung”. Maybe somewhere at a “Kombiterminal”?

Regards Franz

Hi

Sorry to trouble you, My uncle was Richard Emery, and my father is Ray Emery, Ex Richard Read and Ross Roadways,

My cousin is Robert Emery of Downtons Glos, could you please get in touch reference our Richard, do you have any pictures of Richard, dad would love to see them as we were only looking for pictures of Richard this week end, Richard drove for Vijore in the middle east

hope you can help please.

many thanks

Mark R Emery

factoryaprilia:

I met the irish git a good 10/12 years ago at asten in holland
Really nice bloke and had a few stories from years ago and not full of bull

He must be in his 70’s now

Laurie Dryver:

factoryaprilia:

Hi Buddy, I was so sorry to hear the tragic news of the passing of your father! He and I were friends many years ago and well I remember him parking the trucks in Oldacres as did I. Chris Beal and Dave Kear drove for him doing Italy when the round trip rate was about £350 .I was also a friend of your Aunt Joan as we went to Gotherington youth club together

Noel think my mates dad drive for you a bit years back
Remember you having a green volvo he was driving a 111 for you with a santa fe trailer
Think you were based in tewkesbury at time he was from bristol

Both his boys now run their own and he has drove for both and still doing euro now for his youngest son

I was passed this scan with a note pointing out that the headboard of the sleeper-cab Foden says VIJORE on it, and that the Volvo next to it belonged to Jones Transport of Sandbach (the JO in VIJORE). The Volvo looks as if it might be engaged on Baghdad work they were doing at the time, so I wonder if the Foden was too! Robert

VIJORE MIDDLE EAST TRANSPORT. any one remember this company set up by ritchard read ,tony jones and eric vick.? i remember the erf’s as they were all the export cabs. i seem to remember that only one was painted in the company colours as the the partnership did not last long. they even sent a A series out to jordan! have managed to obtain some pic’s of the trucks…

another pic…

and another one…

Yes I do remember seeing them for the short time they were doing the job.

Nice pics! I think this thread settles a few queries on other posts as to whether Eric Vick did middle east, apparently YES!

Any more pics wideboybob?

Regards,

Mark (brookie)