Best place for PPE?

Had a look at getting various bits of PPE before going to an agency?
Looked at screwfix as they are local, but happy to buy online.
Any good companies to look at online?

I just bought a jacket from www.armyandworkwear.co.uk it turned up quicker than you could blink and I was really impressed with the quality :slight_smile:

arco.co.uk/index

Not got a wee diy shop near you? They’d appreciate your business and you might even get to know them. And they don’t lock drivers away in a ■■■■■■ little room like Amazon and others do. Help your High Street! :smiley:

Strauss direct have real quality stuff expensive but lasts for years

Most markets sell it.

Not sure of quality but The Range sell PPE.

Aldi sell ppe, I got some really comfortable safety boots for about £10. Arco as someone posted is good for quality, agree about markets (normally just hi viz coats and vests around here) and Countrywide is pretty good too.

I’ve had about dozen pairs of arco work boots supplied by firm total crap didn’t last 4 months glad I didn’t pay out of my own pocket BUT the arco trousers are brilliant had them bout 4 years still look like brand new .!!

stev:
I’ve had about dozen pairs of arco work boots supplied by firm total crap didn’t last 4 months glad I didn’t pay out of my own pocket BUT the arco trousers are brilliant had them bout 4 years still look like brand new .!!

Were they the cheap as chips ? we used to have them the shunter would go through them in a month or 2 .I always bought my own in Arco normally wait till the sale and pick up 2 pairs for the price of 1 lasts me a good 8 months each pair, but it depends how you look after your boots to how long they last.

Ronnie W:
Strauss direct have real quality stuff expensive but lasts for years

i have the hi vis trousers very good and last

these are good also

vizwear.com/

Mine has come from various places, mostly little local places, best gloves by a long way came from Clarkes of Parkgate a place that supplies the forestry industry, everything from a hatchet to the big harvesters. Need to send the missus to get some more.

Had to order the ‘intrinsically safe’ torch for ADR but I usually use a wind up RAC one from tesco, hard hat came from a local iron mongery place.

Hi viz stuff was mostly from a local Farmers co-op called Tarff Valley there could be a Mole Valley outlet or Maybe a WCF near you.

Safety shoes were from Wickes.