Safety boots - ladies half sizes?

OK, not sure where to put this, looked in several different areas and done a few searches.

Has anyone come across decent safety boots in half sizes - am struggling to find anyone who does size 4.5

I’m going to go to a few places and try some 4’s but generally 4 is just too small and 5 just too big, even with decent socks. :frowning:

I’ve checked out all the usual suspects; arco, dickies, screw fix, bunce’s and loads more I can’t remember. Starting to lose hope.

How about Travis Perkins and other building merchants that have tough work gear.

I just spent 20 minutes having a look through t’internet you seem to have a problem there. There’s a couple of sites but there American, you may have more luck in high street stores even flee bay drew a blank. Have you tried 2 pairs of thick socks and a bit of newspaper stuffed in the end :slight_smile:.

I got mine from eBay, worth a look.

Yea, and I thought about thick insoles but hate getting hot feet :-/

Yep, tried Travis Perkins too. Was sort of hoping someone had a small shop locally.

Did wonder about surplus but then they probably wouldn’t be steel toed.

TheMissus:
… Was sort of hoping someone had a small shop locally.

It does seem logical that they would sell small shoes in a small shop. :wink: :grimacing:

But seriously, I do seem to remember that ARCO have (had?) the facility to order half sizes, and I also believe I saw some ladies’ STC boots with pretty pink trimmings last time I was in there.

The girls in Aldi Atherstone and Bathgate have safety shoes with a pink flash…I’ll ask em to whip their shoes off tomorrow and let you know what breed they are.

Clarkes shoes.Order on line.Factory in Street near Glastonbury Somerset.

Odd i know, but try sports direct, they do a very wide range of quality safety boots and shoes - never know your luck!

I’ve tried Arco and sports direct online but will pop into their shop as well just in case.

Thanks ShropsBri, every avenue will be explored! (not too fussed for pink bits though) :wink:

Just tried Clarks online - I do buy street shoes there because they usually do half sizes which fit me well, but no safety boots in small sizes. :frowning:

The few firms I have found who start at 3 don’t do halves, many only start at 5 or 6.

Not giving up yet though! :slight_smile:

Hi there, I have same problem,got mine from eBay managed to find a ladies boot steel toe capped am away on hols at moment but will look at them when get back and pm u the make I wear a five with walking socks and they are so comfortable like wearing a pair of trainers am able to wear for 12hrs plus no probs
:slight_smile:

Sounds great, thanks Jennie! :slight_smile:

Well,she whipped her shoe off for me and it was a size 5…unfortunately for thee lass she’s a four and a half herself and had to get the next size up. No brand either,just a pink diamond on the tongue…of the shoe that is.
You need to get bigger feet,they keep you upright better.

Not much point asking in Bathgate here as it’ll be the same book.

:smiley: thanks for trying ShropsBri, very much appreciated!

The worst is I used to be a 5 until I hit 30. By the time I retire I’ll be back in booties :smiley:

my missus is a 4.5, and I don’t mean out of 5! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

but cat do half sizes be prepared to pay for them £60++
but women spend money on shoes like its going out of fashion anyway so probarbly no big expenditure to your life :smiley:

If you can get into an Arco . Take a pair of socks your comfy in and try on everything you like and if you get something in between you can always ask if they do a half size they also have great sales where you could pick up 2 or 3 pairs for the price of 1 at normal price … Other to that you might have luck e-mailing various makers …

Got all excited at the Cat post, but their site only shows safety boots in 4 or 5. Gonna ring them though just in case.

Gonna try that too Nick, was just hoping to get right size if at all poss.

Just in case anyone searches with a similar problem, I have ended up with size 5 Dickies Fury safety boots. I tried the pink and black NorthWest Territories ones but the 5 was just too big. The Dickies 4 was perfect for my left foot but my right big toe was just touching the steel toe cap in the 4 so had to opt for the 5. With an insole and sports socks they should be perfect and will start wearing them in a home :slight_smile:

Ok I have a size 2 & have to get safety boots

Went to a local workwear shop tried a few size 3 on as no smaller found a pair a Grafters was surprised at how comfy they are although I have had to put a pair of insoles in ( hate doing ) but found some memory form 1s which dont make your feet too hot