safety trainers

as above i’m looking for some comfortable footwear. best place please

Screwfix, These are great.

screwfix.com/p/dewalt-garri … e-10/3034r

I got these off Amazon…really comfy and only about £25…shame we can’t wear safety shoes anymore…[emoji2369][emoji2369][emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I got mine Toys r us

Thinking of giving these a try after they were advertised at me on Instagram the other day indestructibleshoes.com/products/ryder-black

As said, screw fix all the way man! I got pretty much all my work gear from there and at some decent prices too, especially rawhide gloves that preform a hell of a lot better than the skimpy ■■■ things companies tend to provide. Last job I worked for in England was pulling reefers to RDCs where I’d tip the load myself and company provided some thin nylon gloves with a bit of rubber for grip which was ridiculous when tipping frozen goods!
Usually brought gloves in bulk to last me the year as they are cheaper the more you buy and I was a bugger for loosing them and giving them away to my buddies at work who complained about the crappy gloves they had off company :laughing:

Got mine in Wickes Nevada safety trainer £20.00.

Scraggy88:
As said, screw fix all the way man! I got pretty much all my work gear from there and at some decent prices too, especially rawhide gloves that preform a hell of a lot better than the skimpy ■■■ things companies tend to provide. Last job I worked for in England was pulling reefers to RDCs where I’d tip the load myself and company provided some thin nylon gloves with a bit of rubber for grip which was ridiculous when tipping frozen goods!
Usually brought gloves in bulk to last me the year as they are cheaper the more you buy and I was a bugger for loosing them and giving them away to my buddies at work who complained about the crappy gloves they had off company :laughing:

I reckon I’d be kicking off that the crap they are providing aint fit for purpose, rather than giving in and buying ppe kit myself.
Where does it stop. :bulb:
Has it occured to you that is why they are doing it?

It’s like the crappy boots our lot provide, I wore mine for a month, told them they were crap, they offerd to replace them with another pair of the same, but I refused, so they gave me an allowance (ie the price of their boots) and I put a tenner to it to buy a pair of good, but cheap, boots in the sale, and gave the firms boots to my lad who does indoor work.

If I’d been really tight I’d have charged a tenner to the boy and broke even. :laughing:

My company insist on “Safety Boots” for drivers, not “safety shoes” or “safety trainers” as they must provide ankle protection against impact from roll cages and pallets.
A couple of agency guys were asked to leave site and could only return when they had purchased new “boots”.

robroy:

Scraggy88:

I reckon I’d be kicking off that the crap they are providing aint fit for purpose, rather than giving in and buying ppe kit myself.
Where does it stop. :bulb:
Has it occured to you that is why they are doing it?

It’s like the crappy boots our lot provide, I wore mine for a month, told them they were crap, they offerd to replace them with another pair of the same, but I refused, so they gave me an allowance (ie the price of their boots) and I put a tenner to it to buy a pair of good, but cheap, boots in the sale, and gave the firms boots to my lad who does indoor work.

If I’d been really tight I’d have charged a tenner to the boy and broke even. :laughing:

Lol yeah I know right! As they say, nice guys finish last.
To be honest though, I’m quite pick when it comes to gloves and boots etc so I don’t mind buying my own and the company I work for give us a boot allowance that we can claim back on taxes and they give us $400 for uniform every year so can’t really complain. Only thing I won’t buy is stuff like hard hats, high vis and safety glasses and ear defenders and the likes. Most companies usually only require hi vis and boots anyway but the places they require more, absolutely the company should fork out for it