Fashion advice

Well not quite, but wondered for these who work on agency and have to buy your own PPE what gloves do you buy?

I am also after a breathable jacket that won’t look old after a couple of washes and guess I need to thinking of buying a coat for winter soon too.

So recomendations?

I use the green and white leather gloves from b&q. Coat I just use
any bomber jacket hi vis.
Ps I am not agency but the firms ppe is crap. They gave me new boots
Sole came apart in 2 days that’s why I buy my own.

fingermissing:
I use the green and white leather gloves from b&q. Coat I just use
any bomber jacket hi vis.
Ps I am not agency but the firms ppe is crap. They gave me new boots
Sole came apart in 2 days that’s why I buy my own.

First time posting.
I wouldnt worry a big pile fashion wise as long as you have comfy boots. Some drivers seem to think brown boots and a check shirt are uniform especially if your from NI/ROI. Look down on you if you arent wearing these even if you have x amount of years more experience. Not me personally but I heard someone on belfast to cairnryan boat recently talking about “flip flops” and there tracksuit bottoms. The lad was irish. But hey there ya go

Macski:
Well not quite, but wondered for these who work on agency and have to buy your own PPE what gloves do you buy?

Agency or their client should be supplying you gloves. Agency should be providing boots and hi-viz. Saying that the ones we get supplied are crap, I buy these:

amazon.co.uk/Himalayan-Flee … B07MJTRJ44

I have a Helly Hansen ludvika jacket that when I am using goes in the machine each week and has held up well. It’s billed as breathable and has vent zips under the arms but in the summer I find is too hot to chuck on while doing curtains as its quilted so gets side lined until the autumn.

A quick google looks like it’s discontinued though, I don’t know what replaced it as such in the current range.

The ppe our lot supply is a ■■■■ joke.
The cheap crap ‘‘waterproof’’ hi viz bomber jackets soak rain in like a sponge, as do the ‘‘waterproof’’ over kecks, the gloves are the usual example of ‘‘buy the cheapest, if they don’t do the job ■■■■ it’’ , so instead of drawing off one pair I get 3 or 4 pairs everytime I go in…false economy or what?
Oh yeah and they buy in the cheapest boots in batches that make ■■■■■■■ noises when you walk. :unamused: :smiley:
I’ve got a contact for cheap (or free :wink: ) boots,.I also have a mate on Network Rail who got me a proper top notch Gore Tex fully waterproof hi viz jacket,.he also got me some waterproof leggings/kecks.
I don’t believe on principle, in buying anything that the firm should supply, but I get around it… like every ■■■■ thing else. :unamused:

robroy:
Oh yeah and they buy in the cheapest boots in batches that make ■■■■■■■ noises when you walk. :unamused: :smiley: :

I’ve been out with you. I don’t know a gentle way to break this to you mate but it ain’t the boots! You’re welcome :wink:

the maoster:

robroy:
Oh yeah and they buy in the cheapest boots in batches that make ■■■■■■■ noises when you walk. :unamused: :smiley: :

I’ve been out with you. I don’t know a gentle way to break this to you mate but it ain’t the boots! You’re welcome :wink:

:laughing: Cheeky ■■■■ !
Anyway I’ve got that little problem sorted now,.I’m now working on my BO and rotten feet,.so that I can keep reminding my Mrs what a good catch I was for her. :sunglasses: :smiley:

We buy our own safety boots, then put in an expenses claim with the receipt. I think there’s a limit on max cost, so if you want £100+ (Caterpillar etc?) branded safety boots, they’ll be over the threshold. I’ve never had a problem getting the full cost of my safety boots back.
Everything else the boss supplies. Decent quality yellow weatherproof quilted jacket, yellow vest for sunny days, decent quality polo shirts, a decent quality sweatshirt, fleece jacket etc. All with company logo embroidered on of course. It’s entirely up to you if you want to wear company logoed gear or not, but you won’t be reimbursed for buying t-shirts etc
Gloves are the yellow leather ones, I’ve not managed to find out where they come from. They ain’t those cheap ones I always see in truckstops etc. These are thick leather, with a decent red lining. A pair lasts me about 6 months if I can keep them dry, less if opening curtains and working out in rain/wet conditions.
Those truckstop ones last about a week, if I’m lucky.

Simon:
We buy our own safety boots, then put in an expenses claim with the receipt. I think there’s a limit on max cost, so if you want £100+ (Caterpillar etc?) branded safety boots, they’ll be over the threshold. I’ve never had a problem getting the full cost of my safety boots back.
Everything else the boss supplies. Decent quality yellow weatherproof quilted jacket, yellow vest for sunny days, decent quality polo shirts, a decent quality sweatshirt, fleece jacket etc. All with company logo embroidered on of course. It’s entirely up to you if you want to wear company logoed gear or not, but you won’t be reimbursed for buying t-shirts etc
Gloves are the yellow leather ones, I’ve not managed to find out where they come from. They ain’t those cheap ones I always see in truckstops etc. These are thick leather, with a decent red lining. A pair lasts me about 6 months if I can keep them dry, less if opening curtains and working out in rain/wet conditions.

You mention co. branded kit, our lot did hoodies for a while a few years ago, it was rumoured that some of the clowns at our place were actually buying them. :unamused:

So I asked if they would supply me a one, to be told I’d have to pay for it. :open_mouth:
My reply was ''Are you having a ■■■■ laugh, if I was going to buy a logo’d hoodie,.and being a big football fan, I’d rather buy a Newcastle Utd one, …in fact rather than have to buy a one with ######‘s on it, I’d even buy a Sunderland one’ :smiley:
Think I got my point across. :smiley:

robroy:

Simon:

You mention co. branded kit, our lot did hoodies for a while a few years ago, it was rumoured that some of the clowns at our place were actually buying them. :unamused:

So I asked if they would supply me a one, to be told I’d have to pay for it. :open_mouth:
My reply was ''Are you having a [zb] laugh, if I was going to buy a logo’d hoodie,.and being a big football fan, I’d rather buy a Newcastle Utd one, …in fact rather than have to buy a one with ######‘s on it, I’d even buy a Sunderland one’ :smiley:

Pay for work gear with the company logo on it? :open_mouth:
Not a chance, and I’d simply say that.
If the company wants me to wear company gear, they supply it. If not, I’ll wear what I want.

Simon:

robroy:

Simon:

My reply was ''Are you having a [zb] laugh, if I was going to buy a logo’d hoodie,.and being a big football fan, I’d rather buy a Newcastle Utd one, …in fact rather than have to buy a one with ######‘s on it, I’d even buy a Sunderland one’ :smiley:

Pay for work gear with the company logo on it? :open_mouth:
Not a chance, and I’d simply say that.
If the company wants me to wear company gear, they supply it. If not, I’ll wear what I want.

Yep, that was my argument a couple or so years ago, in the summer for continuing to wear my shorts, after we got a memo …banning it :unamused: , and before they supplied us with work kecks.
Supply me with work trousers and I’ll wear em, until then I’ll wear wtf I want.

robroy:

Simon:

my friend would tell you that it would be an improvement

And here’s me thinking sliders white socks a hoody over the knee shorts a man bag and ear pods were the new driver attire .

My company do actually supply sort of a uniform , but all the wrong size for me .
They don’t push you to wear it .
So I actually wear cargo shorts , polo t shirt and cushion sole trainers .
But carry all the gear in my cab locker for the rdc / building site deliveries / collections to keep mr health & safety happy.

robroy:
The ppe our lot supply is a [zb] joke.
The cheap crap ‘‘waterproof’’ hi viz bomber jackets soak rain in like a sponge, as do the ‘‘waterproof’’ over kecks, the gloves are the usual example of ‘‘buy the cheapest, if they don’t do the job [zb] it’’ , so instead of drawing off one pair I get 3 or 4 pairs everytime I go in…false economy or what?
Oh yeah and they buy in the cheapest boots in batches that make ■■■■■■■ noises when you walk. :unamused: :smiley:
I’ve got a contact for cheap (or free :wink: ) boots,.I also have a mate on Network Rail who got me a proper top notch Gore Tex fully waterproof hi viz jacket,.he also got me some waterproof leggings/kecks.
I don’t believe on principle, in buying anything that the firm should supply, but I get around it… like every [zb] thing else. :unamused:

I need mates like yours1

Ref self bought hoodie with logo…

At my old place one… individual… bought his own light board for the back of the cab configured in a way so as to depict the company logo. Not “super” or “vabis” which is awful enough. Nope, the company logo… :unamused:

Ironically he eventually left because they pooped all over him time and time again

toonsy:
Ref self bought hoodie with logo…

At my old place one… individual… bought his own light board for the back of the cab configured in a way so as to depict the company logo. Not “super” or “vabis” which is awful enough. Nope, the company logo… :unamused:

Ironically he eventually left because they pooped all over him time and time again

:laughing:
So.a ‘‘special’’ type of kiss arse then. :unamused:
He found out the hard way what the rest of us who are more astute already know…it doesn’t do them any good,.because the firm think the same way about them as they do the rest of us, the only difference being is that they give the bosses a bloody good laugh from time to time at their efforts to impress…