Best HGV Route to Rye Harbour?

I have to get into Rye Harbour tomorrow afternoon for a job and it looks like a vipers nest of road closures, low bridges and weight limits once I leave the motorway.

I’ll be heading down over the Dartford Crossing but a good steer from any locals in the know would be appreciated for the best route in.

Thanks in advance.

Been a few years since I delivered there . Are you actually going onto the industrial area on Harbour Road ?

I always found the best way to Rye was down the M20 to Ashford, then take the A2070 and then the A259,
Takes you straight into Rye. It’s not the straightest of roads, but load of goods vehicles use it, even boat transporters.

google.fr/maps/place/Rye+Ha … d0.7621909

pierrot 14:
I always found the best way to Rye was down the M20 to Ashford, then take the A2070 and then the A259,
Takes you straight into Rye. It’s not the straightest of roads, but load of goods vehicles use it, even boat transporters.

This is the route I use to Rye.

That is the way to go. Driven it many times and it is actually quite a nice drive. Just take it steady on the A259 from Brenzett through to Rye, the bends are sharp and there are three level crossings. There is more than one place to lose a mirror as well if you are not on the ball. The last mile to the harbour along the Undercliff is a battle with oncoming traffic. Return the same route.

Thanks everyone…. Solid advice from you all as always.

Cheers