Rye Harbour

Heading there tomorrow from dartford way thinking of going me down bluebell hill then m20 onto the a2070 then the 259 any thoughts ?

Stop before the sea

Used to go there on a regular basis mate. Tried a lot of different routes but the best of a bad bunch is along the M20 and come off for Ashford truckstop and follow signs for Brenzett(?). Not sure of road numbers though as I only know the A1, M1 and other big roads! :blush:

the maoster:
Used to go there on a regular basis mate. Tried a lot of different routes but the best of a bad bunch is along the M20 and come off for Ashford truckstop and follow signs for Brenzett(?). Not sure of road numbers though as I only know the A1, M1 and other big roads! :blush:

yeh thats the way i thought although i no rye is a bit narrow through the town but hey ho thats life

Yeah the town is a bit narrow but ok, right up to the minute where you come to the nob in a car parked on double yellows :imp: , however he’ll have his hazards going, so that’s ok then!

The route I said can be a squeeze in places but there are very few trees along it (unlike other routes in) so you’ll only lose one set of mirrors to the steel encased mirror back terrorists hooning down towards you! :smiley:

That’ll do. M20,off at gate 10 and down the A2070 and straight over the roundabout at the end. If you’re in a rigid you can do a couple of mile detour left at the roundabout for the cafe on the right. Mind the speed camera vans down bluebell Hill. On a bad day there’s 3 :unamused:

Another vote for brenzett. I used to load out of rycons quite a bit. Always went that way

bjd:
Heading there tomorrow from dartford way thinking of going me down bluebell hill then m20 onto the a2070 then the 259 any thoughts ?

^^ this

Best route in mate, the 259 is a bit bendy and thin in parts so don’t hammer it on some of the bends, same applies as you come into Rye itself. I know it’s not summer anymore but Rye attracts lots of people so watch out for the idiots stepping out in front of you without lookin, especially near the antiques warehouses

I think the best description of the A259 between Brenzett and Rye is that it is a 40 mph road maximum.

Thxs for your input chaps job done load delivered

the maoster:

Bear in mind, some of the signs now say Hastings instead of Brenzett, which makes a lot of sense given that Brenzett is tiny and notable only for a Shell garage and a roundabout.

Right now, use that route as it avoids the Pembury bottleneck and roadworks on the A21, though that might be better once they’re completed.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Lots of people using bluebell hill these days because sat navs has it at less miles .its about half a mile shorter but a fair bit longer in time

For the unfamiliar, Bluebell Hill needs treating with great respect . Southbound the slip rd on from the M2 is uphill from what can be possibly a standing start, with impatient car drivers trying to overtake while still on the slip road, then 400 yards later there is a very short slip road joining, which continues into a slip road to enter a filling station followed by the filling station exit all within about 200 yards.

google.co.uk/maps/@51.31698 … 56!5m1!1e4

Northbound traffic joining from the M20 heading north has a very short slip road with fast moving traffic on the main carriageway. That traffic has a poor view of the slip rd and lane 1 drivers are frequently trapped by lane 2 overtakers. Those then wanting to coninue on the A229 has to get into the middle lane while on a l/h bend at the same time as very fast traffic in lane 3 tries to get into lane 1 for the M’way exit While this is going on there is very slow traffic in lane 1 which has just entered from the Island Site slip rd some of which needs to get into lane 2. All this with the cars doing 70 to 80. It’s a nasty bit of road with at least one collision a week.

google.co.uk/maps/@51.32766 … 56!5m1!1e4

Edit add: picture links.