Best comedian ever

After an excellent evening watching Ken Dodd, who I took me mother to see for Xmas, it got me wondering who is the best comedian of all time? I dont think I could decide, whether it was someone old or new.

Chubbs is definitely number one for me. I’ve been to see him live 3 times and each time I’ve nearly soiled myself laughing!! :open_mouth:

A tough question. I wanted to vote for two tommy cooper for the way he told jokes but I chose ricky gervais because he says stuff that should be offensive but somehow isn’t.

Les Dawson X 5000

When Eric Morecambe is on the list, I’ll vote :laughing:

Billy Connolly

How can you have a list of comedians without Morcambe and Wise or Lee Evans.

although i think Chubby is hilarious, i think Bob is a legend :smiley:

you should have seen him live :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Big Yin closely followed by Al Murray neither are on the list!!!.

peter kay and lee evens have me pmsl :laughing: :laughing: . come in boxing day night and lee evens was on god i was screaming with laughter, boy can that man sweat :open_mouth:

I would not be able to vote for my favorite from that list,

Les Dawson. very funny man with his gurning and mother in law jokes. Cissy and Ada.

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GZjpcRhYbrU

Tommy Cooper. absolutely brilliant, dead pan and some of the best one liners in the business. So funny, he could have dropped dead on stage and people would still laugh :open_mouth:

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=teXn-vIolKU

Bob Monkhouse. Comic Genius.

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7o_aldP0trs

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ib74HdjlKXo

There are loads missing.

Pete & Dud

Ian Hislop

Paul Merton

and even from the 70’s

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3aOcsRK1Rjw

wot about lee evans got his new dvd for xmas its very good

No Milligan■■?

I voted for Bob Monkhouse. In my eyes the bloke was a genious.

Just as an afterthought though I was head of security for Keith Harris (and Orville) for four years and, apart from being a really nice guy, he’s also very very funny. If any of you get chance to see his adult show I’d thoroughly recommend it. :laughing:

Jimmy Jones :unamused:

You have missed the best Bernard Manning then you are a bit young

woody2808:
I voted for Bob Monkhouse. In my eyes the bloke was a genious.

Just as an afterthought though I was head of security for Keith Harris (and Orville) for four years and, apart from being a really nice guy, he’s also very very funny. If any of you get chance to see his adult show I’d thoroughly recommend it. :laughing:

How long ago was that?

I went to see him 4 times in the same week at Westfield Country Club in Cottingham.

I are a Duck :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone who has ever taken an HGV test in Beverley or Hull will know where the Westfield was :smiley:

Gotta be lee evans that man is so funny as others have said new DVD pmsl…also jasper carrot v funny

Where’s Bill Hicks ? :open_mouth:

Koop:
Jimmy Jones :unamused:

Got to agree with you Koop. :smiley:
Did you ever go to see him at The Montague Arms in New Cross with a gang of other drivers circa 1973. :smiley: