Best comedian ever

hiya,
for me it’s got to be 50/50 bob monkhouse and billy connelly both are legends, thanks harry long retired.

dogthehunter:
Gotta be lee evans that man is so funny

yeah he gets my vote too. :laughing: :sunglasses: i see him live a few years ago :laughing:

jim davidson off the list paddys good though but my personal favourite has to be lee evans has me in stitchs every time

mushroomman:
Got to agree with you Koop. :smiley:
Did you ever go to see him at The Montague Arms in New Cross with a gang of other drivers circa 1973. :smiley:

I’m not that bleedin old you cheeky sod!! :laughing: :laughing:

Koop:

mushroomman:
Got to agree with you Koop. :smiley:
Did you ever go to see him at The Montague Arms in New Cross with a gang of other drivers circa 1973. :smiley:

I’m not that bleedin old you cheeky sod!! :laughing: :laughing:

Kin el Koop , you missed some great nights there or were there two Jimmy Jones’s. :laughing:

B.T.W. The Palestinians are the ones throwing the rocks at the F16s. :wink:

wheres jasper :open_mouth: cant stand rick gervais the blokes so far up his own arse :unamused:

Lee Evans

There was a 100 greatest stand ups on e4 on nye did anybody see who they voted as no1?

just looked and these were the top 20 greatest stand up comedians of all time, dunno who voted/decided that but there we go!

20 - Jasper Carrott
19 - Les Dawson
18 - Alexei Sayle
17 - Dylan Moran
16 - Al Murray
15 - Jerry Sadowitz
14 - Woody Allen
13 - Jack Dee
12 - Jimmy Carr
11 - Ricky Gervais
10 - Ross Noble
9 - Chris Rock
8 - Victoria Wood
7 - Bill Bailey
6 - Bill Hicks
5 - Harry Hill
4 - Richard Pryor
3 - Eddie Izzard
2 - Peter Kay
1 - Billy Connolly

What about Gordon Brown?? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’ve re-read through the list 4 times(the list of the top100 on e4) and Frankie Boyle was NOWHERE to be seen on it. I have lost

ALL

faith in mankind from…now

Note to Chubby Brown; using a 4-letter word starting with “c” and ending with “t” in every sentence does not make you funny. Regrettably now that Bernard Manning is dead you will have to find someone else’s act to crib, but this time please make a better job of it; Manning was a very good comedian.

Doddy’s a genius, saw him a few years ago in Derby; Monkhouse wasn’t perhaps such a great entertainer but few understood comedy better.

Tommy Cooper (and, to an extent, Les Dawson) had that special something; they could just walk on to the stage, stand there doing nothing, and the audience would start laughing.

Didn’t hear too much of Jimmy James but the bit I did hear was brilliant.

RobK for his post on porridge!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

garnerlives:
just looked and these were the top 20 greatest stand up comedians of all time, dunno who voted/decided that but there we go!

20 - Jasper Carrott
19 - Les Dawson
18 - Alexei Sayle
17 - Dylan Moran
16 - Al Murray
15 - Jerry Sadowitz
14 - Woody Allen
13 - Jack Dee
12 - Jimmy Carr
11 - Ricky Gervais
10 - Ross Noble
9 - Chris Rock
8 - Victoria Wood
7 - Bill Bailey
6 - Bill Hicks
5 - Harry Hill
4 - Richard Pryor
3 - Eddie Izzard
2 - Peter Kay
1 - Billy Connolly

6th place then :smiley: ! Harry bloody Hill at 5th :unamused: :confused: , he’s about as funny as aids imho.

gnasty gnome:
Note to Chubby Brown; using a 4-letter word starting with “c” and ending with “t” in every sentence does not make you funny. Regrettably now that Bernard Manning is dead you will have to find someone else’s act to crib, but this time please make a better job of it; Manning was a very good comedian.

Doddy’s a genius, saw him a few years ago in Derby; Monkhouse wasn’t perhaps such a great entertainer but few understood comedy better.

Tommy Cooper (and, to an extent, Les Dawson) had that special something; they could just walk on to the stage, stand there doing nothing, and the audience would start laughing.

Didn’t hear too much of Jimmy James but the bit I did hear was brilliant.

I have to agree with you about the above.

I went to see Chubby Brown once and I walked out, it wasn’t funny and I aint no prude.

I think comedy is too diverse to have a single favourite comedian. For instance Tommy Cooper, Les Dawson could make you laugh as you say by walking on stage and standing still.

Ronnie Barker needed to say something serious and David Jason just had to turn his head to one side with a certain look.

Ben Elton is a clever comedian. I grew up with the likes of Ken Goodwin, Charlie Williams and Duggie Brown

little enis:
What about Gordon Brown?? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Pmsl. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I voted Bob Monkhouse,as he was always up to date with his material.

Sadly never got to see him live before he passed away.

As Wheel Nut has listed,Charlie Williams.Barnsley born iirc,and proved that colour was no barrier to comedy.

Ken.

Quinny:

little enis:

As Wheel Nut has listed,Charlie Williams.Barnsley born iirc,and proved that colour was no barrier to comedy.

Ken.

Actually Ken. My claim to fame was being the ■■■■ of one of Charlie Williams jokes. My Dad had a pub on the old A63 and a lot of the club comedians and bands used to call in on their way to Hull. I have sat chatting to the Grumbleweeds many times :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway Charlie was having a pint one Saturday night and I was sent through with his pie and peas. Now being a rather plump kid, he looked at me, laughed and then said:

“Nah then lad!”

“E by gum!”

“When we tek ovver, thou 'll be ferst one in’t pot wi’t carrots and onions.”

I heard him use this same line on telly a few months later. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

Quinny:

little enis:

Ken.

Actually Ken. My claim to fame was being the ■■■■ of one of Charlie Williams jokes. My Dad had a pub on the old A63 and a lot of the club comedians and bands used to call in on their way to Hull. I have sat chatting to the Grumbleweeds many times :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway Charlie was having a pint one Saturday night and I was sent through with his pie and peas. Now being a rather plump kid, he looked at me, laughed and then said:

“Nah then lad!”

“E by gum!”

“When we tek ovver, thou 'll be ferst one in’t pot wi’t carrots and onions.”

I heard him use this same line on telly a few months later. :stuck_out_tongue:

Quality.

The beauty of Charlie Williams was he could do comedy,without the need for language.A quality missing from some of todays breed.

Ken.

I think Omid Jellybelly is fantastic, saw him live at Edinburgh Festival. The best money ever spent

little enis:

Are we discussing comedians or clowns ?
Does anybody remember COCO. :laughing: