BBC News Article

BBC Breakfast News have just run an article about the Transport Industry and the shortage of Driver’s.

It says that the industry is trying to attract and recruit more Women into driving jobs. It states Salaries are good, up to £25,000 per annum, hours are flexible, prospects for career progression are good and that the myth that it is only for Quote ‘Big Hairy Truckers’ is no longer the case.

The feature was run alongside a big red Stralis belonging to Lane Group with an attractive young lady at the wheel.

Perhaps a large dose of reality is required here? :wink:

CM:
The feature was run alongside a big red Stralis belonging to Lane Group with an attractive young lady at the wheel.

:

But she was fairly hairy :slight_smile:

Salut, David.

Maybe they only want female drivers with the GI jane look? :laughing:

CM:
Perhaps a large dose of reality is required here? :wink:

No! They are trying to recruit drivers! Reality is the last thing they need! :laughing:

Have heard this for a while now. It’ll never happen, simply because the transport industry doesn’t like single parent families and unfortunately are NOT flexible… Have finally found me feet with a good reputable company who understand my situation.

I’d love to see more women driving to be honest, there isn’t enough of us.

dennisw1:
Maybe they only want female drivers with the GI jane look? :laughing:

Whats wrong with that !!!:P:P:P:P:P…i thought thats what we all wanted!!

I stopped at TRUCKWORLD thurrock last night,and BELIEVE ME ,there were no G.I Jane lookalikes there!!!

It was full of tattyed up,dirty hairy truckers with mullets(well not all of em)
most of em 8 months preggers with their T shirts tucked in their trousers.getting ■■■■■■ up and waiting for the stripper to arrive.

And that is how it should be :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dont think it has changed much,and is very unlikely that it will :wink: :wink:

tiggz:

So would I especially if they all looked like you :blush: :blush: :blush: :slight_smile::)…

jammymutt:

tiggz:

So would I especially if they all looked like you :blush: :blush: :blush: :slight_smile::)…

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: cheers Jammy! :laughing:

jammymutt:

tiggz:

Can someone pass it to me when they’ve finished with it please…

Jammymutt, :imp: you beat me to it… Rob you ain’t got a clue mate, if they were all as nice as Marie, this job would have a worthwhile daily bonus :wink:

John :blush:

hold on wwwwhhhhooooaaaaaaaaaaaaa just made great use off rob’s bucket… in the best possible sense.

come on then marie give us a pic.

must admit there is a girl at bedfords who i wouldnt mind doing a bit of doulbe manning with.

jessicas dad:
must admit there is a girl at bedfords who i wouldnt mind doing a bit of doulbe manning with.

:open_mouth: Oh aye :question: .

[makes a note of that for future reference :laughing: ]

Well, jess, i have a tail, two ears, two eyes, a funny tiggerish kinda voice, oh did i mention the spring in me tail■■? i’m black and orange and i’m like a ray of sunshine that bounces into your life…oh and totally original… there’s only one of me ya see… (bloody good job if ya ask me, i expect cornish, margate and jammy will back me up ere!!! hehe) Oh and i have a body fit pher bouncin! :laughing:

:laughing:

:unamused: :smiling_imp:

OH THE WONDERFULTHING ABOUT TIGGERZ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Unfortunately there’s only one Marie…

Tiggz wrote:

Oh and i have a body fit pher bouncin!

Ohhhhhhh yesssssss! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :wink:

cornish trucker:
Unfortunately there’s only one Marie…

Tiggz wrote:

Oh and i have a body fit pher bouncin!

Ohhhhhhh yesssssss! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :wink:

And now please refer back to post no. 10 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: