"Lady lorry driver" on Radio 4

bbc.co.uk/radio4/hometruths/ … iver.shtml

“the siren call of the 8 wheelers”! :laughing: it was more of a shreik of pain in them Routeman’s!

Go Girl! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah… :smiley: :smiley:

Mo females… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: That’ll be me in 20years… :wink:

Isn’t she the lass who’s doing the national truck week tour…■■?

Reminds me…
Most of the time, other than the odd dropped jaw, I can go about my business without too much fuss from the men, but yesterday I did a drop at SF in Pangbourne, and one of the women there was absolutely flabbergasted that I was driving a lorry… So much so that she stood there the whole time just smirking in amazment… :stuck_out_tongue: :confused:

She might even meet a black person one day, that’d rock her world… !!!

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

I wonder as there has beena lot of talk about women in the same job as men and not being paid the same,if truck driving is a job where they are actually paid the same?.,

Yep! :grimacing:

Yep! :laughing:

Ho hum… even Blighty catches up eventually :smiley:

do women drive trucks?or like their cars just point and go…hope for the best…oooooppppssss ill duck now :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

we skated and loaded a very expensive piece of equipment in oxford earlier this week, to a swiss fridge truck to take back to the CERN research facility
near geneva - the assembled boffins couldn’t believe that the swiss driver was a 5 foot-nothing, young and lovely redhead - they were astounded and thought any female truck drivers (if they existed at all) would be 19 stone with tattoos apparently :unamused:

You have no idea how hard it is to reach 19 stone. i’ve tried, oh how I’ve tried.

munches on chocolate

I don’t think that its the ame girl who’s doing National Truck Week though, because I did two days of it and never saw her lol

I don’t know about 19 stone and tattoo’s, but it’s turning me into She-raa… :open_mouth:

My arms and shoulders now have muscles that never existed before… :open_mouth: :confused: This is hard graft compared to sitting at a desk for 37hours a week… Paul doesn’t mind tho, so I guess it’s alright…

I still like the amazed looks on peoples faces tho… That novely hasn’t worn off yet… :smiley:

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

Ragtop:
I still like the amazed looks on peoples faces tho… That novely hasn’t worn off yet…

Trust me. It will. :wink:

Yep, we get paid the same as you guys. We do the same job, we get the same pay.

About the nineteen stone. I’m not even there, although I am roughly five foot nothing.

Lori

Lucy:

Ragtop:
I still like the amazed looks on peoples faces tho… That novely hasn’t worn off yet…

Trust me. It will. :wink:

Yep Lucy is right, it will. :wink:

I guess it must be something like the reaction people on coaches over the water have when they see you sitting behind the wheel at the ‘wrong’ side of the truck. They stare and point that much that you begin to check your shoulders to see if you have sprouted an extra head or something. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I’ve also seen people with a look of extreme fear when they thought they saw my young son driving the truck because he was sitting on the left, I did think about getting him a steering wheel to hold to add to their fear. :wink: :smiley:

I remember several years ago, I was on the side of the road in Oregon, trying to sort out my tire chains, when a “large car” KW pulling a reefer parked in front of me. The driver got out, she was a young lass, and she couldn’t have weighed more than 100 lbs. She proceded to pull her chain bag out of the side box, set out a pair of drive chains and a pair of trailer chains, each of which weighed approximately 40 lbs. I continued struggling with mine, but she got hers on and tightened, and she was out 5 minutes before I was.