Banbury carriers

hi does anyone have any info on banbury carriers? mate im working with worked there many years ago…

any more pics etc would be great

can’t help much but they used to have a nice F12 with a ‘bonus loader’ type dolly which converted the 4x2 to a 6x2 tag axle to handle Demag gantry cranes when they built them in Banbury. Nice two-tone gree livery like the Merc puddle jumper you posted :sunglasses:

I used to drink in a pub with the guy who owned it, offered me a job driving a F88 for half the money i was on at the time, sorry but i’d rather drive my Big J than fall for that, this was 77, the guys name is Gascoinge, can’t remember his first name, mate of mine Bruno Lella drove for him, they used to do alot of work for Demag cranes, nice kit though.

euromat:
hi does anyone have any info on banbury carriers? mate im working with worked there many years ago…

any more pics etc would be great

Euromat,

Did you find that Russell Davies book,let me know if you did/do please.

Rgds,

David :laughing:

Dieseldogsix:
I used to drink in a pub with the guy who owned it, offered me a job driving a F88 for half the money i was on at the time, sorry but i’d rather drive my Big J than fall for that, this was 77, the guys name is Gascoinge, can’t remember his first name, mate of mine Bruno Lella drove for him, they used to do alot of work for Demag cranes, nice kit though.

Was it “Bob Gascoin”■■?

jj72:
can’t help much but they used to have a nice F12 with a ‘bonus loader’ type dolly which converted the 4x2 to a 6x2 tag axle to handle Demag gantry cranes when they built them in Banbury. Nice two-tone gree livery like the Merc puddle jumper you posted :sunglasses:

was it this one? i messed up a bit with that original post so i have amended it now :blush:

5thwheel:

Dieseldogsix:

Was it “Bob Gascoin”■■?

Could well have been.