Bad news/good news!

Yesterday i got a warning on my dash.

It just popped up ! :smiley: I’d say within 20 minutes of getting it my brakes where squealing like mad. Get under to have a look.

On the metal (rear/drive axle). I was suprised at this because the truck was only serviced at most four weeks ago. When i stopped and looked there was a piece of what looked lke ash or burnt asbestos sitting just inside the wheel which just crumbled when i touched it, so i’m not sure whether it worn low orsomehow overheated and disintegrated? I’d be suprised at that too because i was only on very local work to Kirkby and i don’t think i’d even managed to get over 40mph and was lightly laden. Anyway, its off the road now and i aint getting it back. I’m cab hopping for the rest of the week and it looks like i get a new Merc on Monday :smiley:
Yep its the small one so i can’t stand up, its auto so the Eaton Twin split debate etc. can be put to bed now :smiley: It has a 12V socket for my fridge so i don’t need the dropper. Sorted !! Never had a new truck before so the novelty will be with me for a bit.

lloks like they’ve been binding mate

so they keepin some of the old daf’s or they gettin shut
:wink:

gonzothejaffa1:
lloks like they’ve been binding mate

so they keepin some of the old daf’s or they gettin shut
:wink:

All going. Five new ones came this week, i think its five a week now until we have 30? I could go and ask in the Merc place as my house backs onto it :smiley:

so mike you seem happy to get a low cab merc for tramping… :confused: :confused: :confused:

i seem a bit surprised.

jessicas dad:
so mike you seem happy to get a low cab merc for tramping… :confused: :confused: :confused:

i seem a bit surprised.

To be honest i’m not a ‘cab happy’ type guy. Although i will apreciate a new truck sure enough. I probably do 2/3 nights out a week, i’m not out all week as such. And when i am out i don’t really care how much room its got, as long as i can sit to drive and lay on a bunk its fine by me, and besides when i’m overnighting anywhere i don’t spend anytime in the cab as i get out to go eat, have a drink or whatever… I’m six foot and the only way i can stand up in the DAF i had was to stand in the passenger footwell :smiley: Needless to say, its not something i made a habit of doing !!

Mike-C:

jessicas dad:

i seem a bit surprised.

To be honest i’m not a ‘cab happy’ type guy. Although i will apreciate a new truck sure enough. I probably do 2/3 nights out a week, i’m not out all week as such. And when i am out i don’t really care how much room its got, as long as i can sit to drive and lay on a bunk its fine by me, and besides when i’m overnighting anywhere i don’t spend anytime in the cab as i get out to go eat, have a drink or whatever… I’m six foot and the only way i can stand up in the DAF i had was to stand in the passenger footwell :smiley: Needless to say, its not something i made a habit of doing !!

furry ■■■■ mike… oooppss sorry i meant fair enough :laughing:

does the warning really say brake lining - wear truck.

is that the new uniform for eddie’s? :laughing:

jessicas dad:

Mike-C:

jessicas dad:

i seem a bit surprised.

furry ■■■■ mike… oooppss sorry i meant fair enough :laughing:

Hey ! I been called that before in a roundabout way ! :smiley:

Mike-C:

So are you going to join in on roundabout day then Mike?

Mike-C:

jessicas dad:

i seem a bit surprised.

I’m 6’ tall and i can stand up in mine. The cab is exactly the same as the megaspace apart from the engine hump which is lower than Volvo /Scania/Daf etc…
Yuo’ll be sound taking off at lights too ,the Merc auto has a power button. Just like mad max :wink:

Owner Drivers:

Mike-C:

So are you going to join in on roundabout day then Mike?

Me? Yeah, as soon as i get this new truck i’m doing it all. Roundabout days, Carnivals at the weekends, Fuel parades, Truck shows. I’m getting to like this trucking thing . By the way, i’m a bit hapless as a driver at the best of times, i can go round roundabouts twice without even meaning to, just consider that i have played my part ! :wink:

ellies dad:

Mike-C:

jessicas dad:

i seem a bit surprised.

I’m 6’ tall and i can stand up in mine. The cab is exactly the same as the megaspace apart from the engine hump which is lower than Volvo /Scania/Daf etc…
Yuo’ll be sound taking off at lights too ,the Merc auto has a power button. Just like mad max :wink:

I thought there was a similar amount of room. They just look smaller because the floor (of the cab) is lower down (closer to the floor)?

seen 1 of these new mercs in eldapoint yesterday look nice, there is a a fair amount of room in them my dad drives the same shape 1 for p&o ferrymasters n i like them

dnt think u wil have any complaints !