B & Q

Hey every1 i was just wondering who does the B&Q deliverys and how u get in there… Do they have there own fleet or is it another company In there colours. Always wondered this cheers

I think its Wincanton that do B+Q in B+Q colours, They are moving from Trafford Park upto Stakehill in 1 of the Tesco sites.

they dont work in the rain either :open_mouth: apparently there little sausages dont cook well in the wet :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi i worked for B&Q home deliveries

Based in Trafford Park run by Kuenne & Nagle
Barton Dock Road East

22 drops in a 18 tonner down the LABYRINTH of tiny streets that make up Manchester City.
With a porter who insisted in telling me to hurry up and constant time checks.
So i had a extra 15 mins dinner (his face matched the bright orange of the wagon by the time dinner was finished and i was a hour behind ) lol

I worked as porter on class 2’s with B&Q outta Nightfreight in Glasgow.

Stupidly was skint and told agency would do anything !

I arrived at 7am because i got called at 6am to go in. Driver was angry with me saying we are really late now, i told him not my fault didnt get the call to come in till 6am, he was meant to leave at 6am. After that we got on fine.

20+ droped in Edinburgh some easy, some a complete **** Last drop was a complete ■■■■ take, a radiator cap to be delivered to Berwick nearly a 120mile round trip at id guess 12mpg at best. We didnt do it in the end because it was 5 o clock by this point in Edinburgh the driver would prob end up running outta time and even tho i had a class 1 nevermind class 2 wasnt allowed to drive because i was the porter.

Saying all that supposedly its a good job, good pay and get good days bad days.

Also worked Class 1 for B&Q it was Keinne Neigel (or however they are spelt) in Glasgow I was doing a run taking a truck full of wallpaper to a recycling place, then came back did a shop delievery. Class 1 store deliveries seemed quite good, curtain sider, stuff comes off on a fork lift, pretty easy work, get to go different places, plus everyone in the yard was friendly. Plus nice new Volvos, tho another time i did it got a 480 V8 Scania which was nice for a change from usual 380’s i drive.

Chepstow is ran by K&N
Radlett by DHELL
Worksop by DHELL
Swindon by Wincanton
Preston Brook by DHELL
Doncaster (redhouse) by K&N
And theres one in Glasgow not sure who runs that one.

The job itself is fairly easy whenever you go to another depot you are the enemy and they wont give you an empty trailer they will load their own loads on them and then let you have one 3/4 hours later.

You will be monitored on EVERYTHING you do MPG, HOURS, 1 minute late gets you 15 minutes pay docked do anything out of the ordinary and they will want to know why.

an example being i wnet form Worksop to Gretna svcs with another driver and i done 20 k more than him i was hauled in the office and asked why we followed each other up there and back but they thoguht i had diverted somewhere.

Thats mainly the attitude at Worksop and the DHELL ran sites if i was going to work for them the only one i would work at is Swindon where you actually have a name and a number.

Good trucks and quite good hours if you can take the ■■■■ they throw at you.

dhl at newark is a bit more chilled out than worksop , well thats if you dont mind a bit of graft and dont want to pay gym fees

I started at Barnsley depot for Kuhne + Nagel on the B & Q kitchens contract, steady away so far :slight_smile:

you forgot branston on the a38 run by ceva if they aint lost that as well :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

dreva:
you forgot branston on the a38 run by ceva if they aint lost that as well :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yep TNT or ceva lost that contract ages ago, to nightfreight. Did a bit of wagon and drag trunking for them awhile back. Place is still a bloody nightmare. But at least they werent live loading anyone.

The time i went up before was with tnt and you could be sat there 6 or 7 hours while your load was picked wrapped then loaded. :smiling_imp:

Jammy , your kidding right :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

1 minute late gets you 15 minutes pay docked

Coventry is Wincanton
stores ugh
plants great especially the Sundays down to Chi and up to Hull

never had any hint that outsiders should be kept waiting for trailers when i stood in on the shunting

non Wincanton outsiders with plants always got a bay asap others depots just dropped trailers

shade:
Jammy , your kidding right :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

1 minute late gets you 15 minutes pay docked

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i thought that.