B&Q Home Deliverys Anyone?

Hey theres a job advertised at my local B&Q store for HomeDelivery Driver - no wages etc mentioned though - the advert is for Kuehne + Nagel logistics - anyone any info on them or the job thanks ? Its Tuesday to Saturday 48 hr week.

Someone must work foe B & Q surely ?

Class 2 i take it.

Ive done it in Glasgow as a second man.

Supposedly good lot to work for, good pay rates tho i don’t know what they actually get paid just heard its good.

People with muscles are prefered but don’t worry after a few weeks will have loads. Lots of heavy lifting, kitchens etc… gets to be really fun in flats.

We did a run out in Edinburgh, about 20 drops wasn’t too bad get some drops complete pain loads of heavy stuff, then others just single hitting, run in drop off a sink or somthing.

Guess like a lot of home deliveries get good days and bad days, some days get a 6am start finished earlish other days gonna be 12 hours.

Your also dealing with a call centre down south for your runs and if there are any problems, can be frustrating because find they arent drivers and a bit clueless at times. LIke we had to deliver radiator cap to berwick when doing the Edinburgh run. Also involved being in constant contact with the call centre.

Nice kit Scanias, sat navs, phone provided.

Cambuslang depot are agood bunch. There’ s a fat fork lift truck driver who looks like he wants to kill ya, but he’d run out of puff it he had to get off his fork truck. There’s a wirey manager who has veins sticking out of his neck, at least when i spoke to him he looked like that. Kenny the shunter is a good lad, he’ll bluetooth you no end of ‘local’ ■■■■ to your fone. What else do ya wanna know?

Hi

I worked for Kuenne & Nagel
B + Q Contract in trafford park.

22 DROPS down terraced streets in Manchester city.
Had to push in every ones wing mirrors and tuck in straps.
Very Tight.
They use Full Size Class 2 , 18 ton vehicles slit 4 over 4 gear box. :cry:

Had to try and stick to a delivery time table.
But got annoyed when i realised they forgot to account for my dinner break.

My porter was on a set wage (approx £20,000) not bad for a porters wage.
He kept trying to hurry me up.
So i made sure i had a 45 min lunch.
and he was amazed saying “he normally work through lunch with his regular driver”.

Then sulked all day and kept putting his feet on the dash.
so i had to annoy him evenmore by telling him to take them down so i can see out my mirrors.

I prefer driving on my own , thats why i became a hgv driver.
Not listening to tall tales of a porter , who claimed he was ex SAS,Had his own HGV licence and slept with 3,000 women
But still lives at home with his mum :laughing:

K+N.forget it.
I have just finished working for them as a drayman. They formed a sister company KNDL (or K+N Drinks Logistics), ans KNDL is loosing money BIGTIME!

starlocation:
I prefer driving on my own , thats why i became a hgv driver.
Not listening to tall tales of a porter , who claimed he was ex SAS,Had his own HGV licence and slept with 3,000 women
But still lives at home with his mum :laughing:

That’ll be so she can wash his sheets for him, they’ll need a lot of washing with that many women passing through his imagination… sorry I mean his bed. :wink: :smiley:

Only worked for them once doing that shift, to me it seemed ok for a dayshift multidrop. Espec having second man or porter.

Much better than getting to a place and having to handball a load of stuff off yourself, supposedly money is good. The call centre on the end of a phone is a pain in the arse but the local tm’s in the depot will back you up 100% when they start any BS

We took our 45min break when we worked, because was 6am-6pm shift and we needed a break.

But in similar jobs and easier days started at 6am got to say midday, double manning doing multidrop with 1 delivery to go. We just push on get the job done back to depot finished, get paid for 8 hours anyways. Depends on what the drivers wanna do, our attitude was why take a 45min break, sit about till 12.45 then go do last drop. Get 45mins taken off for lunch anyways and still be under 8 hour shift anyways. Just means get home later rather have that time away from work than sitting at a burger van for 45mins.

Different story if its a long day and going over the 8 hours wouldnt then skip a break and work for free. But i guess also should mention was years ago, i guess before the WTD.

Done class 1 a few times outta Cambuslang and Mike is right a decent bunch of guys, shocking in fact to go into a big company and everyone is friendly and helpfully, a bit of a culture shock compared to a lot of the places ive worked. I’ll need to keep an eye out for the shunter with the local ■■■■ :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds a good enough number, just hope form gets here fast as closing dates 19th.

The application got here this afternoon, it is the depot at Stiller group in darton Barnsley, i presumed it would be from the Barnsley store itself - no mention of wages though.

I did B+Q home deliveries about twenty years ago around Glasgow.
Hope you’re a good fighter !!!
The tips were ok, and so were the “■■■■”, when you went early morning and caught the women just out of bed. Many a beaver was seen in the thousands of houses I delivered to over the years ! !
Dont know what like your working conditions will be like, but hey, as far as I know, the ■■■■ and beavers are still the same !!