B & Q/Argos

Hi all has anyone ever done any multi drop work for the above. Iv got an interview on tuesday to do this and i know its quite physical which im not bothered about. Does anyone know what there generally like to work for or what the working conditions are like?

Cheers

yeah i used to work for an agency that did that. to be honest its crap. i cant really say a lot else apart from that. my advise would be to try and stay away from ikea and book yourself :laughing: on a hiab course

Cool thanks for that any maor reasons or is it just a bit soul destroying?

well the ikea is run by dhl and it is very strict on rules do’s and don’ts and you get treated like a bit of a number in both b and q argos and ikea.
is it with face 2 face?
b and q is better than argos its less drops maybe 15 or so compared with 30-40 and its generally easier because you are given a pallet truck to move the kitchens around some times you end up just whacking the pallet in the customers garage and thats it. I would say that b and q is definitely better you are treated slightly better. sorry to put a downer on it but it is only in the last two weeks i have escaped from that sort of work. it was really starting to get me down :angry:

I think it is face2face, Croydon■■? well im just grateful for the break really. Is it normally 2 bloke jobs? he said he has plenty of work so should be grateful for it even tho it is multi drop lol

It’s not easy working with a second man if you don’t get on.Dealing with the public is never easy so park the truck ready for a quick getaway.

One way of finding out i suppose but im not too bothered about getting on with the other person i mean dont get me wrong life will be easier but if they dont like me then its there problem lol dropping the hint of the TA normally helps i find lol

Is it class 2 or 7.5t work?

It’s class 2 mate

Delivering to private homes can be a nightmare ,there are so many traffic calming schemes and parked cars all over the place.If you have phone numbers its a good idea to phone ahead to see if any one is home and any tips about finding the place,new estates are not on maps or sat navs.

alamcculloch:
Delivering to private homes can be a nightmare ,there are so many traffic calming schemes and parked cars all over the place.If you have phone numbers its a good idea to phone ahead to see if any one is home and any tips about finding the place,new estates are not on maps or sat navs.

Substitute the word nightmare with fun. Fun to find when you’re not sure of the exact location, and chances are, you’ll never have to wait around for someone to come and tip you… The longest I ever waited before I started skip work was about 10 mins. The only stressful part I found was inconsiderate car drivers down tiny streets, and then discovering there’s not enough room to turn around in at the end of a cul-de-sac.

You have obviously not delivered 3 piece suites then.

I was delivering beds and flat pack furniture going along unmade roads to new builds ,not my idea of fun.

Deathstar:
You have obviously not delivered 3 piece suites then.

I see your point, and I’ll say that I’ll stick to letting the machinery do the work for me and only having to deliver one thing at a time, and being able to have a contingency plan if I can’t deliver to the address I’m given.

alamcculloch:
I was delivering beds and flat pack furniture going along unmade roads to new builds ,not my idea of fun.

I feel your some of your pain here too. A lot of the directions leave a lot to be desired, some of the houses haven’t even been built and sometimes you’ll be asked to deliver to a lamppost (believe it or not) or in the middle of a field… Oh, and it might help if the guy that takes the orders could spell some of the street names, and maybe provide a postcode, as I’ve already managed to deliver to the wrong town, when I was given a misspelled street name and a postcode that was way off.

did u take the b and q job mate ? was it for kuhene and nagel ? overall its not a bad carry on, least b n q are keeping busy busy. job and knock too

No mate the agency never got back in touch.I’m with manpower now but getting a bit cheesed as I can’t start cos it’s taken them nearly 3 weeks for them to sort out my references. Why they wAnt 4 is beyond me, even the ambulance service only wanted two for me to be a paramedic lol. Iv been trying to get some coach work as I have my pcv aswell and might just tell manpower to shove it, it’s a joke, iv got bills to pay and they say they need me to work cos of Xmas coming up for the class 2 at royal mail but they can’t sort out my references so I’m stuck. Thinking maybe my class 2 licence was a bit pointless. Iv had it nearly 2 months now and iv got no return on it yet, not a penny so back to the coaches it is I think. I mean they are on around 10.50 ph so it’s not bad. Just a shame u get 50 oddballs sitting behind ya instead of a load of cargo lol

Face to face do all the recruiting for whitehead transport i think they too are based in croydon and have trucks in b&q
they always do that have interviews then never get back to anyone to let them know either way whats happening

You need to look at class 2 as a stepping stone to class 1, i did mine, it opens up lots of doors and am on more than what you’re saying for the coaches…