New driver - starting at Argos Acton Gate multidrop tomorrow

Hi all,

Passed 6th Jan, been doing a mix of night time tipper work delivering 20 tonnes of tarmac and a removal job driving 7.5t.

Decided to look for something more consistent as I was never getting a full week of work.

Rung an agency in cannock and they said they have a contract with argos/ dhl acton gate, apparently they are looking for drivers so had an assessment today and passed it - start induction tomorrow then out with a driver thurs and fri and out on my own sat.

Will be doing multi drop for argos and homebase home delivery - 40-50 drps a day.

Just wondering if anyone has worked there or knows what to expect?

I know it will be hard work but so is spending 9 hours moving 5 bed houses…

Any tips would be appreciated as this is new to me.

Many thanks!

Hi Matty
Well done on the assessment is it the Argos on the A38 on the way to burton?.
Surprised you will be out on your own its ok with tv’s or laptops but how are you going to manage wiyh a washing machine? .done home delivery for B&Q at branston that was always double manned.
As for the job get your notes in the morning check your postcodes put them together make it easier save running between postcodes it will save you time and dont rush easy said I know but hurting your self isnt good.
If you have got heavyitems try and plan it so you have a gap between delivering them give your self a rest.

Hope the tips are like B&Q tea here or there or money and beer sometime.
Enjoy it and take your time

Jeff

Thanks for the reply -sorry meant on my own as in driving myself, I will have a drivers mate with me.

Went to the induction today, went well, apparently I’ll be working on argos and homebase contracts, lorries are nice and new, canteens good! 84p for sausage and egg butty!

Going out with a driver tomorrow and fri and sat I will be driving myself.

Will update on progress!

not wanting put you off maybe changed as its been a while i worked there at stafford but found it all a bit jobs for the boys and drivers mates who couldnt read a map and the newer daf.s were restricted made a hard day of it doing distance i left as found all that transports favourites local runs gets on your ■■■■…hopefully its changed use it for what it is make sure you dont get a just to make the numbers up drivers mate…think it use to be around 30 drops

Well had my first day out as a third drivers mate, sat in the middle of two burly drivers. Was cosy to say the least!

Started at 5.30am and finished at 5.30pm so a long day - did 14 drops and 2 collections.

Had a good day, think I will like it here!