Aviation level 4 secruity (Or A,B,C and D as its called now)

Hi Folks,

I’ve been asked by an agency that i use to get myself this qualification (undoubtly because i live so close to manchester airport). I just wanted to check with people if it does improve the amount of work you get offered etc?

Cheers in advance.

Noowt:
Hi Folks,

I’ve been asked by an agency that i use to get myself this qualification (undoubtly because i live so close to manchester airport). I just wanted to check with people if it does improve the amount of work you get offered etc?

Cheers in advance.

I am going to watch this thread with interest as I had my level 4 with DHL through Disclosures Scotland, however when I left I had to go through the procedure again which has now expired, but was told they are not transferable between different companies.

My mate has anti kiddy fiddling papers, level 4 security clearance for shipping motorcycle parts in sealed boxes yet was refused entry by securicor into a friends warehouse which is 2 miles away from the airport

Have my level 4 did a day course couple years back & not made any difference to me

Hi,

Level 4 is the qualification for airport security. It kinda allows you to go airside which may be required as a driver. It does not however guarantee you a job (not much does these days) but like most things it’s another string to your bow.

It used to be the case the Level 4 cert lasted, well as long as you liked. But since 9/11 etc. the level 4 must be renewed every 2 years. For those who have attended you will know the course is straightforward and the exam is not too much of a problem.

Training companies that deliver this must have DfT approval.

Hope this post adds a little meat.

hgvlgvtraining

It would be good if this "qualification"could be counted as part of the CPC then 2 birds would be killed for no purpose.

Maybe you could find it driver CPC approved. Gonna be a bit tough though.

From my recollection the Level course is approx 1/2 day.

For it to be counted as Driver CPC you would have to complete another 3.5 hours within a 24 hour period (another 3.5 hour course.)

Some company out there will no doubt punt it but you will have to look hard.

We ourselves deliver Level 4 but we have not had one person requesting us to get it Driver CPC approved. When demand picks up things may change

hgvlgvtraining

Level 4 is not just for drivers though, my mate has been in just ship his parts and needs the same ticket, so nothing to do with cpc or drivers