At what point do i pack in

Hi,just after bit of advice really i started a new job couple months ago now doin Tiles/Turf/Bricks.I fancied a change so went for it but truth be told i bloody hate it,cant get into it and really want out.I left my comfort zone to do something totally new and i have fallen flat on my face and feel out my depth!
After talkin to friends and the wife about my feelings toward the job everyone just said give it time but as i feel so negative toward it after this length of time im sure my feelings wont change towards the job,i just dont want to let my wife down and be known as a fella that changes jobs all the time,
Its not the gaffa or out like that cos hes great to work for and decent pay,i just dont like the job… Am i been picky?? Surely if ya dont like a job you just dont like it for whatever the reasons are…I just keep thinkin maybe i should just get on and be miserable and be thankfull i have a job,infact thats what ive been doing,but when is enough enough.■■?

Any advice; and not the ‘shut up moanin u have a job’ line please

Its never worth being miserable at work because thats where you spend most of your time.

Get out as soon as you can. There is no point doing a job you dislike when you could be doing something you enjoy. Each day will be worse than the last as you dislike it so much. This will have a knock on effect on all aspects of your life, including the relationship with your wife. Each evening you will be sitting there dreading the next morning and having to go and do that job, you will need an outlet for those feelings and frustrations and that is likely to be in the form of arguments with your wife. There is work out there and I am sure you will be able to find something and at least if not your ideal job one that you will enjoy more than your current one.

Good luck.

PS You won’t have the title of the fella that changes jobs all the time on here, DAFD95XF has that title sown up.

Did you burn your bridges with Simon Gibson, although I seem to remember you were not too happy there either.

But if you are not happy in your work, it will make you hard to live with and the rot soon sets in. Believe me. I changed jobs to suit someone else and I still regret this.

I was in a good paying job that i was not happy in, ( just did not like the work ). Took a lower paying job for more hours and i really enjoy it, everybody close to me as said how happier i look and noticed a difference in me ( for the better ). My opinion is if you are not happy the job is not worth doing and will only drag you down, at work and your home life, it worked for me, good luck in your decision.

Yes kinda burnt my bridges at Gibbo’s He hasnt spoke to me since says i let him down when i was meant to be a friend,ive txt him for a chat since leavin but to no reply.Yes the rots setting in! for the first time in 18yrs my wife was gona leave me last weekend cos she said i was unbearable to live with cos i was being so grumpy cos of the job i think cos we never barney,i tried tellin her i didnt intend to argue with her but fings just got on top of me,were ok now like so all good there.I was hoping it would just click and be ok but it hasnt,i feel such an idiot to be honest a couple mths in a job oh great moving on again!! Thing is finding another job aswell.Dont think i would be welcome back at gibbo’s. :blush: :frowning:

been there, done that, worn the t. shirt blah,blah,blah
for the sake of, not just yourself. but your mrs and family. get out as soon as.
money aint all, believe me. i would sooner have a low paid job but happy. than a well paid one and not be happy.
good luck on your decision.

Thanks for that much appreciated, ‘its good to talk’ they say… Gettin some adresses now to write some letters,lol

Sounds like you’ve been lumbered with a typical job of the type which reflects the remnants of the British ‘road transport industry’.There’s loads of agency drivers who are stuck on that type of work saying exactly the same thing as you are.I was one of them at one time but I did’nt have a missus (especially one who can’t understand the issues) to add to my problems.

Coffeeholic:
PS You won’t have the title of the fella that changes jobs all the time on here, DAFD95XF has that title sown up.

DO YOU MIND !! You are making aspersions about a venereal friend. Known to all his admirers on TNUK,s subsidiary ,the Alex Lester Show, as “knackercracker”, or summat like that. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Volvofh16:
Yes kinda burnt my bridges at Gibbo’s He hasnt spoke to me since says i let him down when i was meant to be a friend,ive txt him for a chat since leavin but to no reply.Yes the rots setting in! for the first time in 18yrs my wife was gona leave me last weekend cos she said i was unbearable to live with cos i was being so grumpy cos of the job i think cos we never barney,i tried tellin her i didnt intend to argue with her but fings just got on top of me,were ok now like so all good there.I was hoping it would just click and be ok but it hasnt,i feel such an idiot to be honest a couple mths in a job oh great moving on again!! Thing is finding another job aswell.Dont think i would be welcome back at gibbo’s. :blush: :frowning:

Don’t pack anything in until you find something else to state the obvious. What was the problem at Gibsons and what’s wrong with this job?

How long were you at Gibsons?

Coffeeholic:
Get out as soon as you can. There is no point doing a job you dislike when you could be doing something you enjoy. Each day will be worse than the last as you dislike it so much. This will have a knock on effect on all aspects of your life, including the relationship with your wife. Each evening you will be sitting there dreading the next morning and having to go and do that job, you will need an outlet for those feelings and frustrations and that is likely to be in the form of arguments with your wife. There is work out there and I am sure you will be able to find something and at least if not your ideal job one that you will enjoy more than your current one.

Good luck.

SEWN! Pierre will not be happy! It’s OK Pierre, I’ve got it covered! :wink:

44 Tonne Ton:

Coffeeholic:

Good luck.

You reap what you sow. DAF95XF reaps and sows jobs like a bloke spreading corn seeds, therefore he has the title sown up. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :blush: :blush: :blush:

44 Tonne Ton:

Coffeeholic:

Good luck.

Err. To the pedantic on here… I think if you sow some seeds,they are “sown” But if you sew a garment,it is “sewn” :wink: :wink:

The time to get out is before you end up with your hands round somebodys throat. :smiley:

As others have said it does affect your home life so best to get out sooner rather than later.

Coffeeholic:
You reap what you sow. DAF95XF reaps and sows jobs like a bloke spreading corn seeds, therefore he has the title sown up. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :blush: :blush: :blush:

And I PM’d you the reasons why I left the last truck driving job and why Im presently looing for another one :wink:

If it’s a case of being out of your depth, then you will eventually learn to swim, but if you genuinely hate it that much no amount of time served will make a jot of difference.

Working a job you hate can make you physically ill, your mind will take care of that without ever giving you a reason why. You will be lying in a hospital bed, on IV morphine wondering why your stomach hurts so much and no doctor will be able to tell you why.

I’ve been there, it isn’t much fun.

Get out as soon as possible. Life is short, money is just a symbol, and you only get one chance.

If your boss holds it against you, then he wasn’t worth working for in the first place, let alone being ‘friends’ with. PS. there are no ‘friends’ in business.

Despite the whole recession thing and the apparent lack of work, my opinion is that if you are willing and able, with the right attitude you will find work as a HGV driver, eventually.

If an agency driver can be hired on an hours notice, to do a job he hasn’t a clue about, I fail to see why “time spent” on a CV means anything in this industry. That’s not to say that an employer won’t use it as an excuse to not hire a job hopper, but don’t let it affect your choices about whether to leave a crap job or not.

DAF95XF:

Coffeeholic:

And I PM’d you the reasons why I left the last truck driving job and why Im presently looing for another one :wink:

Never mind a PM!!! Tell the world. :unamused:

Sounds like you would’nt be happy in any driving job, maybe time for a complete change?