Assesment tommorow-quick reverse question

just a quick one guys/gals,doing an assesment tommorow,on the reverse how far back into the bay should i put the trailer?should i leave it a few feet short or should i put it all the way upto the buffers?im not sure if there is a green/red light system on the bay.it doesnt help being a newbie and having no experience on baysso i dont know what to expect but im going to give it my best shot. advice please

If you are not sure of the request, best to ask and clarify I would say.

i just touch the buffers and draw it forward about half an inch so your not putting pressure on them - if its a green light you can go onto a door or pull of a door.

if its a red light you cant go on the door and you should never pull off.

everywhere has different rules for keys,salvos etc ask your examiner so you dont balls it up.

good luck with it :wink:

Always ask if it’s not clear whats expected of you, better to ask than do the wrong thing. Good luck :smiley:

Tiger

Normal procedure would be to back it up until you’re just touching then pull it forwards a tiny amount (1 or 2 inches). Remember to open the doors before you back it on though if it has barn doors.

As others have said though, if in doubt, ask!

Paul

clarkyboy:
just a quick one guys/gals,doing an assesment tommorow,on the reverse how far back into the bay should i put the trailer?should i leave it a few feet short or should i put it all the way upto the buffers?im not sure if there is a green/red light system on the bay.it doesnt help being a newbie and having no experience on baysso i dont know what to expect but im going to give it my best shot. advice please

Hi clarkyboy

if your asseser asks you to put on to the bay ask him if he want’s the doors open before you do put on the bay just incase he does all so some ask to drop the trailer at the bay as well so ask if so

del

You always know when you have gone far enough…OOPS… :blush: :blush:

I doubt you will have to put it on a bay, you’re more likely just to park it in a ■■■■■■■■■■■■

THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF WAGGON DRIVERS…EDDIE STOBART DRIVERS & THOSE WHO WANNABE EDDIE STOBART DRIVERS

Good grief

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Do you like that Mr Smee?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If ya cant laugh at y’sen, ya cant laugh at no-one :smiley:

clarkyboy:

Got to agree with most of what has been said, the assessor just wants to make sure you aren’t going to demolish the loading bay/warehouse.
If he does want you to drop the trailer, don’t forget to check if the number plate is still on it. :blush:

what company is the assessment for ?

Smee:
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF WAGGON DRIVERS…EDDIE STOBART DRIVERS & THOSE WHO WANNABE EDDIE STOBART DRIVERS

Good grief

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

green’s no my colour :laughing:

stobarts at middlewich

repton:
‘…then pull it forwards a tiny amount (1 or 2 inches)…’

Yeah, do it nicely on the assessment. Later on - lead-boots permitting, you’ll find that braking sharpish after a well administered rebound works alright - saving the unnecessary forward gear change lark and providing bay maintenance opportunities for otherwise bored yard-staff during this economic downturn…

merc 0447 must be a Ger
jooly good

this thread was pointless as i didnt even get this far see other thread!!!1

Smee:

Good grief

There are 3 types of driver actually, third is driver that doesn’t want to be a stobart driver

bubsy06:
There are 3 types of driver actually, third is driver that doesn’t want to be a stobart driver

That spoilt my illusion - I thought everybody wanted to be one…

… nice day for a walk… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hitch:
merc 0447 must be a Ger
jooly good

how did you guess :laughing: