Asda Dartford

I tipped here think it was tuesday lastweek and think that health and safety has gone mad imho.

Dont know whether this is a new rule but once you reverse under the canopy and open your curtains, hand your keys in then you are made to stand on an island next to your trailer.

Forklift driver comes out and starts tipping, I go over to move a support pillar so forkie can get to the next pallet, I am then told by forkie “sorry love refusing to tip you now” I ask why to be told you have to stay on island till trailer is completely tipped. So I say ok then are you going to move support pillars and curtain, he says no not allowed to. But if I am not allowed to move them and he wont what are you supposed to do. Eventually he gave in and I was allowed to move them while forklift went to warehouse door and stopped.

Is it just me or has anyone else found this

The worlds gone bonkers!

It’s a hovel…Security checking the trailer when he is stood no more than 100 yds from the unloading bays …

It’s a hovel anyway.Security checking the trailer upon departure when he is stood no more than 100 yds from the unloading bays.

Arse and elbow spring to mind PMSL. Glad I’ve not been there for a couple of years.

paul@midway:
It’s a hovel anyway.Security checking the trailer upon departure when he is stood no more than 100 yds from the unloading bays.

I discovered something similar when loading from your place at Centrum 100.

Forkie loads 22 pallets, I count 22 pallets, security counts 22 pallets and then numptie on gate wants me to open doors to count 22 pallets. When I complained that they had burst at least 3 cans, they said it wasnt their problem.

Thats just stupid …I can take a guess which numpty it was on the gate.

The cans(whole pack from which the burst cans are ) should have been replaced .

Done the pallets from there a few times and we’re not allowed to inspect the pallets before they’re put on the unit so could have all sorts of **** inbetween them and they quote H&S■■?

Ratchet

Thats because you aren’t allowed in the warehouse :laughing:
In all fairness it’s very very rare that anything is wrong with the pallets.
Nothing is shoved down them as there is no room.It’s damages you want to check for
You could always refuse to load if you can’t give the pallets a once over when they bring them out.Nothing to stop you doing that.

asda didcot always makes me laugh, if you take a broken pallet with stock on they charge the supplier £30 to restack it ( or attempt to ) but the fun begins when you get empty gkns back, i stand there saying carnt have that one its broken,carnt have that one its broken,and so on, whats good for them is good for me. :laughing:

Had to climb onto the top deck of a double deck at Dartford once when a pallet tipped over, no ladders and wouldn’t let me stand on the forklift for obvious reasons. Quite high up there when you’ve nothing to hold ontoooooooooo!!! CRACK!!