Are things looking up ?

Was very suprised to see not one but two big companys near me advertising for drivers in thursdays evening star. sainsburys at brinsworth, £20,447.63 upto approx £30,000 including non-guaranteed extra shift payments, meal allowance, night out etc. Hazlewood foods at kiveton, but no mention of money. Does anyone have any info on either of these companys please? I have worked for hazelwood on the agency, but it was about about 7 years ago, many thanks.
Also whilst I think on, has anyone heard anything about a new rdc being built just off the m1 at junc 30 (barlborough) I heard it was asda, then b&q and the latest was sainsburys. Perhaps they are moving to barborough from brinsworth? Thanks :laughing:

Also whilst I think on, has anyone heard anything about a new rdc being built just off the m1 at junc 30 (barlborough) I heard it was asda, then b&q and the latest was sainsburys. Perhaps they are moving to barborough from brinsworth? Thanks

Unlikely to be B&Q,as they’ve just opened that new one at Redhouse,Doncaster.

Ken.

tidycab,we have an agency lad with us and on saturday’s he does hazelwood’s out of the eurocentral.he run’s to carlisle truck stop,changes trl’s,and then head’s up and either does asda at grangemouth or co-op at harthill.sometimes if there ain’t alot of frt he’ll do the 2 from same trl,and then he’s finished.he say’s that the 3 lads that work for them love it and they don’t get any hassle from the gaffers nor the customers.i’ll try and speak to him next week and find out the money for full time workers if you wish.can’t promise that he’ll know that but will give it a try. :wink:

Cheers kitkat, I did that run uptp co-op at blaydon and then across to carlisle for the trailer swap. At the time I was doing the job, I actually quite liked it, no hassle etc. Thanks for looking into that for me :laughing:

I went to Hazelwoods and enquired about 2 months ago and was told they are only setting on for day runners - no nights out at all.

I wanted tramping so didn’t bother with any more info.

Have heard that Excel (Sainsbury’s) at Brinsworth are on the lookout but don’t know for sure

TIDYCAB:
Also whilst I think on, has anyone heard anything about a new rdc being built just off the m1 at junc 30 (barlborough) I heard it was asda, then b&q and the latest was sainsburys. Perhaps they are moving to barborough from brinsworth? Thanks :laughing:

Its definately not B&Q we are having one built up at Worksop which apparently will be the biggest distribution centre in the uk ( whether the biggest for B&Q or in the uk i dont know).